Construction Project Engineer -
Company: Bolton & Menk, Inc.
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Construction Project Engineer CategoryConstruction Services
DescriptionBolton & Menk is looking to add a Construction Project
Engineer to join our team in the Twin Cities or Mankato. As a
StarTribune Top200 Workplace in Minnesota, this is a fantastic
opportunity to work with a great team of professionals. Bolton &
Menk is regional, consulting engineer firm with over 70 years of
experience serving the Upper Midwest and beyond.As a Construction
Project Engineer you will be responsible for managing contracts and
construction aspects of project delivery; provides leadership and
coordination of team members in construction phase
- Responsible for contract administration on intermediate and
- Assists with estimating construction needs and workload for
inspections, surveying and material testing, during preparation of
proposals (RFPs) and final design.
- Coordinates workload and determine staffing needs for
inspections, surveying, and interns during construction.
- Performs quality control and quality assurance for project
plans and specifications.
- Works with Project Managers with all phases of project
development, preliminary design, design and construction.
- Coordinates, conducts, and documents preliminary design meeting
with private utility companies.
- Reviews and prepares preliminary project construction
sequencing, scheduling, and working days.
- Responsible for project schedule (bar chart or CPM) and project
- Performs constructability review of plans and
- Leads the problem resolution related to projects.
- Understands and complies with the company safety manual.
- Travels to work site and other project related
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Construction
Engineering, Civil Engineering, or related field from an accredited
college or university
- At least five (5) years of progressive construction management
or civil engineering experience.
- Licensed Professional Engineer preferred.
- Participation in Erosion Control and State Aid Documentation
training as necessary
- Basic knowledge of drafting and layout.
- Working knowledge of CAD plan production processes for
managerial, supervisory and QA/QC purposes appropriate to the area
- Thorough knowledge in administrative software (i.e. MS Excel,
MS Word, PowerPoint).
- Exceptional interpersonal written & verbal communication
- Exemplary time management, organizational and problem-solving
- Effective Complex problem solving ability.
- Effective supervisory, management and team leadership
- Ability to work in extended outdoor conditions.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs independently or 100 lbs with
assistance, negotiate construction work sites.
- Physically capable of accessing project sites for design and
construction QA/QC review.
- Possess valid drivers license.WHY BOLTON & MENK?For over 70
years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients
with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering
and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking
hard working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver
tomorrows leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is
employee-owned, is ranked among ENRs Top 500 Design Firms and is a
Star Tribune Top200 Workplace in Minnesota. With over 700 employees
in Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, North Carolina, and South
Carolina, there are always new challenges and career development
opportunities available. Learn more about our history here:
(https://www.bolton-menk.com/about-us/ ) OUR BENEFITSAt Bolton &
Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total
Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable
asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and
their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include
peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive
compensation plan, flexible schedules and career development
opportunities. Learn more here:
https://www.bolton-menk.com/our-benefitsWe're Social! Connect with
us on Twitter @BoltonandMenk or on Facebook at BoltonandMenkWe
thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this
position, however, only those selected for an interview will be
contacted.Bolton & Menk does not accept unsolicited resumes from
individual recruiters or third-party agencies in response to Bolton
& Menk job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who
submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers.
Pre-approval from the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team is
required before any external candidate can be submitted and such
candidate must be submitted to the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition
team.Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity /
Affirmative Action Employer.Location(s)Burnsville, Mankato,
Oakdale, Ramsey EOE StatementWe are an equal employment opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law. This position is currently
Keywords: Bolton & Menk, Inc., Burnsville , Construction Project Engineer -, Professions , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!