Company: MultiSource Mfg
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionSupervises skilled employees and operations in
one or more production function. Maintains production schedules.
Plans work, assigns work and trains employees. Has authority for
hiring, termination, discipline and performance decisions. Ensures
product quality standards are maintained. Moderate to high
complexity in coordination and supervision of employees. This role
promotes a positive environment that fosters teamwork and ensures
safe and efficient processes and procedures. Continually
demonstrates the Company Values and mentor others to do the
same.SCOPE:Spend approximately 80% of time on the floor and 20% of
time performing office related duties. Directly lead approximately
5 employees across multiple shifts. Contributes to the development
of annual operating plan and is responsible for budget of
functional area(s). Manage capacity while planning staffing levels
for next 1-3 months. Maintain accurate capacity levels in JobBoss.
Responsible for OTD to customers, production volume plans while
managing the controllable spend budget.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND
- Provides work direction, training, and guidance to assigned
personnel in order to ensure full understanding of, and compliance
with, prescribed methods and procedures.
- Monitors work quality and productivity throughout assigned
functional area(s) to ensure a quality product is produced in the
allotted time frame. Work with team to actively reduce scrap and
rework and implement corrective actions.
- Works closely with Plant Leadership and Production Planning to
ensure prompt, effective responses to customer requirements and
timely exchange of accurate information.
- Keeps management informed of important developments, potential
problems, and related information necessary for effective
management. Coordinates assigned area plans and activities to
ensure coordinated work effort and "team" approach.
- Work with recruiting team, conduct interviews, and onboard new
- Anticipates and addresses causes of potential delays/defects
and implements corrective actions.
- Responsible for the work, productivity, earned hours and
employees in their area.
- Monitor and ensure that jobs start on or before the scheduled
- Participates in and lead continuous improvement events.
- Drive housekeeping, organization and 5S efforts in their assign
- Coordinate tooling, fixtures and attachments for
- Work with Pre-Production and Engineering to ensure new work is
assigned to optimal machine.
- Authorized to sign-off on production parts to run.
- Provide on-the-job training and identify functional areas where
cross-training is needed.
- When needed act as contact point for any issues on the shop
- Disposition nonconforming product.
- Keep material and paperwork in order and organized.
- Approve payroll and manage PTO requests.
- Follows safe shop practices, identify safety risks and
- Coordinate and schedule unplanned maintenance for shop tools,
machines and equipment.
- Conform to the company quality system as documented.
- Understand MultiSource QMS while supporting and participating
- Develop and track plan vs actual targets and metrics in
- Utilize project management skill to develop and implement A3
- Willingness to properly address deviation from standard work or
policies not being followed.
- Write and deliver performance appraisals and appropriate merit
- Monitor and or lead Tier meetings to ensure they effectively
drive daily performance and improvements.
- Must be flexible with schedule to cover OT and
absentee.QUALIFICATIONS:EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: High school
education or equivalent, plus at least 2-year Tech Diploma in
machine tool technology or a related area and/or equivalent
experience.REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Very strong mechanical aptitude and
knowledge of shop math.EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: At least 4 years of
machining set-up and operating experience in a job shop environment
related to the assigned area. Minimum of 2 years previous
leadership experience required.SKILLS ABILITIES: Possess the
ability to reverse engineer parts and use that information to setup
machines. Organization and supervisory skills necessary to carry
out daily responsibilities.OTHER REQUIREMENTS:PHYSICAL STRENGTH:
Lift up to 40 pounds.LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to understand and
follow instructions in English.
Keywords: MultiSource Mfg, Burnsville , Production Supervisor, Professions , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!