Posted on: January 12, 2022
A LITTLE ABOUT US:Dungarvin is a national organization of
privately owned companies that are dedicated to providing high
quality, community-based supports to people with intellectual and
developmental disabilities, people who are faced with mental
health, behavioral or significant medical challenges and to
children and their families.
FUN FACT:In March 1976 our founders (now husband and wife duo) Tim
Madden (24 years old) and Diane (23 years old) decided to start a
business that would provide community housing for people with
intellectual and developmental disabilities. Through diligent
research and planning Tim and Diane officially opened their first
15-person residential program in St. Paul, Minnesota, in July 1976.
For the next 3 years Tim and Diane were 'houseparents' who lived on
the ground level of the home; sleeping on a mattress on the floor!
Through the success of that program Dungarvin has grown to employ
approximately 5,000 people who currently provide supports to over
4,700 individuals across 14 states!!
Job DescriptionThe Budget Analyst will assist in the development,
analysis, and communication of reliable information in support of
achieving the organizations financial and operational objectives.
Under the direct supervision of the Financial Analyst, the Budget
Analyst will bring flexibility to the organization by supporting
the financial needs of Regional leadership including the Senior
Financial Analyst, Budget Specialist, Regional Directors, and
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:The Budget Analyst will support the
Financial Analyst in an effort to provide additional planning
capacity, and will perform a wide range of financial and
operational functions including, but not limited to the
- Assist the Financial Analyst in the planning, analysis,
maintenance and presentation of financial information using
Microsoft Word Excel, Access, Planful Budgeting Software, and Great
Plains Accounting System.
- Attend regional monthly financial review meetings, quarterly
forecasts meetings and annual plan meetings and document key
information and decisions as required.
- Process high volumes of data for downloading into the Planful
database and Great Plains accounting system while also evaluating
the datas relevance for inclusion in budgets, forecasts and
- Identify and resolve errors and discrepancies between budgets,
forecasts, plan and actual numbers presented in financial
statements and quarterly forecasts and plan presentations.
- Assist in the maintenance of data within the Planful database
(e.g. adding new accounts, departments, creating new versions,
- Investigate and answer routine queries arising from directors,
regional director and SMT.
- Plan, organize and manage own workload to ensure deadlines are
met in a timely and accurate manner.
- Suggest changes to internal department procedures as identified
and be involved in the continuous improvement development of
- Create, develop and maintain excel spreadsheets used by
Analytical Support department for budgeting and tracking of
- Establish and maintain paper and electronic files in an
organized and secure fashion.
- Assist in the preparation of annual plan and forecasts
presentations by updating and creating Microsoft Word documents,
Excel workbooks, and PowerPoint presentations that visually
represent financial data.
- Act as a liaison on behalf of the Financial Analyst, as needed
and appropriate. SKILLS CRUCIAL TO SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE:
- Candidate must be able to run a list of reports; and do
- Candidate should be adaptive with systems and technology: this
person will assist with implementation/training of new financial
- Be a organized, self-motivated and process driven employee,
comfortable with the unknown; as the organization grows this role
will adapt as well as will be involved in ad hoc projects
- Outgoing, inquisitive personality and research oriented; this
person will gain acquisition knowledge/experience
- Passion for data entry and driven to meet/exceed deadlines
- Excellent written and communications skills
- Possess the ability to work with all levels of management and
foster relationships with financial and operational
- A Bachelors Degree in a business related discipline is desired
along with a minimum of 3 years accounting/finance experience.
- Must possess a budgeting/forecasting/reporting background and
have experience working with multiple business entities.
- Must be able to collect, interpret, and organize large amounts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and financial/accounting
software (preferably Microsoft Dynamics - GP).
- Prior experience with budgeting and forecasting software
(Currently on Planful)
Additional InformationREPORTS TO:Financial AnalystHOURS WORKED40
hours per week. Monday- Friday 8:00AM- 5:00PM (FLEX)by Jobble
Keywords: Dungarvin, Burnsville , Budget Analyst, Professions , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!