Company: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?
Posted on: November 13, 2020
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:To strategically design and
implement information systems and networked software architectures
that support core organizational functions and assure their high
availability.-- To provide technical leadership across the
organization, from strategic decision making down to the project
planning level and support project teams in the documentation of
development, configuration and integration activities into their
project plans.--MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Designs and implements long-term strategic goals and short-term
tactical plans for managing and maintaining corporate technology
- Ensures that proposed and existing solution architectures are
aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
- Provides architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to
Business Analysts, Business System Analysts, Systems Engineers,
Architects, and software development teams.
- Leads development of formalized solution methodologies and,
where applicable, designs, develops, and oversees implementation of
end-to-end integrated solutions.
- Reviews new and existing solutions design projects and
procurement or outsourcing plans for compliance with standards and
- Interfaces and coordinates tasks with internal and external
technical resources. Collaborates with Project Managers, vendors
and IT stakeholders to provision estimates and develop overall
implementation plan for installation, customization and integration
- Builds and maintains repository for deliverables and
- Documents and maintains the organization's existing IT
Enterprise Solution Architecture and technology portfolio; makes
recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives.
- Develops, documents, and communicates plans for investing in IT
Enterprise Solution Architecture, including analysis of cost
- Conducts research on emerging technologies in support of
systems development efforts and recommends technologies that will
increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Surveys market landscape for solution insights, direction,
vendors, and methods.
- Provides expertise to identify and translate system
requirements into software design documentation.
- Provides quality assurance for services within the solution
- Confers with end-users, clients, or senior management to define
business requirements for complex systems (including interfaces)
and infrastructure development.
- Models business and systems processes based on findings through
use case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models.
- Works with technical writers to ensure quality internal and
external client-oriented documentation.
- Provides guidance on the development and execution of best
practices for end-to-end lifecycle of core technology platforms and
overall technical performance. Reports on findings and makes
recommendations for improvement.
- Provides oversight to the systems capacity plan and
establishment of technology standards.
- Provides mentoring or guidance to junior members of the
- Establishes, manages and runs the Enterprise Architecture
- At least 10 years of experience in solution design.
- At least 5 years of experience in architecture.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems
Engineering or similar essential.
- TOGAF 9 Certified desirable.
- COBIT Foundation desirable.
- ITIL Foundation desirable.
- Hands-on experience with business requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including a
thorough understanding of how to interpret customer. business needs
and translate them into practical applications and operational
- Demonstrated ability to produce requirement artifacts: Business
- Specifications, data flow diagrams, UML modelling techniques,
interface designs, test plans and test cases.
- A background in software development with ability to code at
some level and knowledge of APIs and SDKs.
- A technical architecture background. Understanding of networks,
routers, switches, firewalls, SANs, servers and operating systems
form a part of the solution stack.
- Extensive experience in developing strategic systems
- Proven experience in system design and development.
- Proven experience in system and network design and
- Strong understanding of information processing principles and
- Solid grounding in core enterprise applications.
- Strong knowledge of software evaluation principles and
- Proven project planning and management experience.
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and
- Demonstrable experience in solution architecture.
- Demonstrable experience in integration solution design.
- Ability to deliver solution architectures conformant with a
TOGAF defined Enterprise Architecture.
- Aptitude to work as change agent that believes in a continuous
- Excellence in visual communication using modeling languages
such as UML and IDEF.
- Comprehensive understanding of software development lifecycle
(SDLC), continuous integration, agile software development
methodologies, values and procedures.
- Excellence in architecture documentation skills.
- Some experience with reverse proxies, web servers, gateways,
service oriented architectures, web services, service buses and
integration patterns, security practices, database
- Knowledge of highly available, highly scalable cloud based
infrastructures (Azure or similar) and continuous delivery.
- Knowledge of frameworks and standards for solution architecture
such as US DoD Systems Engineering and IEEE 1016-2009 Standard for
Information Technology - Systems Design - Software Design
- Demonstrated experience and presence to gain the confidence of
and influence senior management and other key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitation of workshops involving
participants from senior management to business users.
- Demonstrated ability to produce effective written reports,
analysis and other communications.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, coach and mentor a
geographically dispersed team.
- Experience at working in a team-oriented, collaborative and
- Ability to assess and react to communication styles of business
and technical team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the
ability to interact professionally with a diverse group,
executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment's 12 Core
Keywords: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?, Burnsville , Enterprise Architect, Professions , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!