Posted on: May 19, 2023
Responsible to direct and manage all activities related to drivers
and dockworkers. Utilize resources to move freight in the safest
and most cost-effective manner to meet or exceed customer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop daily delivery plan utilizing equipment, manpower, and
other resources to ensure effective and efficient operations and
that work assignments are completed properly.
- Supervise all activities of drivers and dockworkers responsible
for efficient loading/unloading of trailers along with productive
pick-up and delivery of freight at customer locations.
- Ensure necessary resources of labor, equipment and time are
available to all employees to allow maximum productivity of
- Speak to employee groups and conduct effective pre-shift
- Ensure load quality, timelines, and work efficiency goals are
- Interact daily with internal and external customers to deliver
exceptional customer service to meet and exceed customer
expectations and provide on-time and quality delivery of
- Recruit, develop and retain qualified employees to ensure
effective operations in support of company's mission and goals.
Responsible for the selection, training, motivation and discipline
- Communicate company safety program, trains, and enforces safety
rules and compliance with all government regulations.
- Administer safety programs which encourage a safe work
environment and focus on prevention of accidents and injuries.
- Complete necessary paperwork/data entry accurately and in a
timely manner to ensure an efficient and steady flow of
- Ensure compliance with government, company, and local labor
regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Employee selected medical, dental, and vision coverage for you
and your family
- PTO and paid holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Effective organizational, planning and prioritization
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Demonstrated Leadership and supervisory capabilities.
- Must be flexible, willing to work any schedule, including
weekends and holidays, in all types of weather.
- Bachelor's degree in transportation, business, engineering, or
- Experience in the transportation industry with knowledge of
operations and logistics.
- Knowledge of local applicable collective bargaining
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Safety/OSHA knowledge or certifications.
Environmental working conditions vary and employee may encounter
vibration, noise, odors, and extremes in temperature and wind as
well as exposure to varied weather, varied surfaces, sharp edges,
varied lighting and confined and congested areas and occasionally
exposure to petroleum-based products such as gasoline, diesel fuel,
oil, and grease.
The position requires the ability to stand, walk, and maintain
balance for extensive periods of time. Continually speaking and
hearing, giving and receiving directions. Occasionally sit. Seldom
lift up to 50 lbs. Seldom perform repetitive tasks; stretch, turn,
twist, and reach overhead; bend, crouch, squat, kneel and
Yellow Corporation, along with all subsidiary companies, is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Requisition ID : 3777
Keywords: YRC, Burnsville , Operations Supervisor, Other , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...