AM Line Cook/PM Line Cook
Company: Morgan's Farm to Table Restaurant
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The following is a partial list of responsibilities for the
position of Line Cook. The intent of this job description is to
offer an overview of responsibilities. Other duties and
responsibilities will be assigned as needed.
OBJECTIVE: The dominant focus of the Line Cook position is
preparing foods per company specifications for guest consumption.
The Line Cook performs culinary activities within his/her assigned
station with primary responsibility for production and preparation
of all menu items and recipes as well as assisting in the
supervision, training and development of culinary team members. The
Line cook will function as part of a team to successfully
contribute to the restaurant and hotel's goal of exceeding guest
expectations on a consistent basis. Part of exceeding the guest's
expectations includes protecting the safety and wellbeing of our
guests (and our work teams) at all times. Proper food handling
techniques, cleaning and sanitation will be a top priority at all
times. Every position in the restaurant is important. From the
Dishwasher to the Executive Chef, all positions contribute to the
restaurants common goal. All positions are expected to assist all
other positions as needed on a daily basis as needed. All
departments and positions within the hotel and restaurant, may, at
times, require assistance from all areas of the business. It is
everybody's job to help each other when needed.
* Assists the culinary team in achieving optimal guest
satisfaction, product integrity and profitability.
* Maintains a clean, safe and sanitary facility by adhering to food
quality standards and sanitation regulations.
* Prepares and inspects work station(s) for service by estimating
the meal period food requirements and preparing what is needed
and/or procuring all products from storage.
* Assists in the daily prep of foods for all restaurant and banquet
* Approaches work tasks and responsibilities with a critical
thinking disposition, continually striving for measures of
increased efficiency and profitability.
* Works all line stations and cooks and prepares ala carte guest
food orders to recipe specifications.
* Ensures consistency and profitability by following recipes and
adhering to menu specifications.
* Exercises care, performs required maintenance and ensures all
operating instructions, safety standards and guidelines are
followed in relation to Morgan's equipment and/or facility
* Breaks-down work station and other kitchen areas and cleans and
sanitizes work area to specifications.
* Assists Executive Chef in completing daily responsibilities.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Culinary school certification or experience preferred
* Minimum 3 years experience in similar capacity
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK-WEEK: The Line Cook will work in a demanding
high energy environment with high noise levels, wet floors, hot
liquids, sharp objects and other occupational hazards. Standard
work week is ultimately determined by Hotel and Restaurant business
levels and may fluctuate from week to week. Some events,
promotions, meetings or future business directives may require
additional days worked.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $21.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Fine dining restaurant
* 8 hour shift
* Evening shift
Weekly day range:
* Weekend availability
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Morgan's Farm to Table Restaurant, Burnsville , AM Line Cook/PM Line Cook, Other , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!