Posted on: September 21, 2022
Are you a real go-getter looking for an amazing opportunity with
a nationwide - full-service-utility contractor offering competitive
wages and incredible benefits? Keep reading because this job might
be for you! -Since 1928, Asplundh has been dedicated to safe,
efficient and innovative line clearance services to the utility
industry. Reliable, uninterrupted power is an important service
provided by the world's electrical utilities and Asplundh has the
expertise to help keep the power flowing. Diversification over the
years has opened up vegetation management services to other
specialized markets such as municipalities, railroads, pipelines,
helicopter vegetation services, and departments of transportation.
-A family-owned and operated corporation headquartered near
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Asplundh has grown to employ over
33,000 service professionals throughout the United States, Canada,
Australia and New Zealand. -Job Type: Full-Time +, Non-ExemptPay:
$20 - $29 hourly / Paid Weekly - Direct DepositBenefits:
- Available Benefit options vary based on tenure, position, and
- On the Job Training - no previous experience required.
- Paid Vacation and Holidays.Essential Functions &
- Trims and/or removes trees, branches, trunk sections
- Operate and service all required tools/equipment.
- Cuts and splits large debris into manageable pieces.
- Sprays areas with equipment to prevent further growth.
- Loads/unloads trucks.
- Feeds brush & debris into wood chipper.
- Services gasoline, air, and hand-powered tools and other
- Relays hand-signals, directs traffic, drives, and operates
trucks and equipment, as assigned.
- Keeps trucks and work area clear and orderly.
- Safeguards employees and public from hazards in and around work
- Sets up barriers, warning signs, flags, markers, etc. to
protect employees and public.
- Trained to perform tree and bucket rescue.
- Assists training new employees.
- Maintains good housekeeping on truck and at work
- Performs other related work, as assigned by superiors.Minimum
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Excellent hand-to-eye coordination.
- Able to walk, climb, and work from ladders, various heights, on
uneven and slippery surfaces, performing mentally/physically
demanding work under unfavorable weather conditions while handling
equipment or material.
- Able to work with hands above head for extended periods of
- Must be willing to join local union and pay union
- Upon offer, employees may be required to complete and pass a
pre-employment drug screen, background, and/or MVR check.License &
- Driver's license required.Travel Requirements:
- Must have own transportation to and from the show up
- RARE (less than 10%): Sitting, Kneeling, Crawling, Color
Vision, Climbing Stairs
- OCCASIONAL (up to 33%): Stooping, Squatting, Climbing On/Off
Truck, Climbing Ladders, Pushing, Reading,
- FREQUENT (up to 66%): Carrying, Pulling, Lifting up to 50 lbs.,
Balancing, body-twisting, Hearing/Speech Range, Lifting, Lifting up
to 10 lbs., Manual Dexterity, Reading, Speaking Clearly,
- CONTINUOUS (up to 100%): Standing, Sense of Touch, Gripping,
Seeing Distant, Reaching, range-of-motion, Depth Perception,
Lifting over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs., Climbing PolesSafetyDue to the
inherently dangerous nature of the industry and requirements to
work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must have
sufficient eyesight to judge distance/coordination of equipment and
tools, be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended
periods, be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather
while completing work assignments, be able to wear personal
protective equipment as necessary, be able to enter and exit a
vehicle numerous times a day, have the endurance necessary to
traverse various terrain, be capable of performing job duties
throughout a standard 8- or 10-hour day, be able to communicate
with others, read, write, and comprehend written/verbal job
instructions and information, and communicate and handle conflict
professionally.About Us:As a full-service utility contractor
Asplundh performs tree pruning and removals, right-of-way clearing
and maintenance, vegetation management with herbicides and
emergency storm work and logistical support. Asplundh is the parent
company of UtiliCon Solutions whose subsidiaries provide overhead
and underground line construction, planning and design, meter
reading and AMR/AMI installation, electrical testing, and street
lighting/traffic signal services. Asplundh also operates Rotor
Blade Airborne Utilities Management, overhead electric distribution
and transmission lines using MD 500 helicopters. -Individuals must
be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or
without a reasonable accommodation. - Individuals with a disability
who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA
Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339. -An Equal Opportunity
Employer. -Aerial lifts, arborist, CDL, Entry Level, Forestry,
Landscaping, Maintenance, Climber, Tree CareRequired
- Legally authorized to work in the United StatesPreferred
Keywords: Asplundh, Burnsville , Tree Trimmer/Groundsperson, Other , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!