CNC Operator I - Chaska & Frazee
Posted on: May 13, 2022
!important;wrapper thegem-custom-6279ccd1c46bf3256"> Job
SummaryThe CNC Operator I produces machined parts by operating a
computer numerical controlled (CNC) Lathes and/or Mills with
minimal supervision. This position runs production lots, keeps
records, communicates with co-workers and managers regarding
production runs, and maintains quality and safety
standardsEssential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Load and unload materials and parts manually or using
appropriate equipment or tools.
- Operate CNC equipment and observe operations with focused
- Advise supervisor of any machine issues, crashes, or needed
- Operate grinding and related tools to remove excess material or
burrs from surfaces.
- Assure quality by inspecting finished parts; report
irregularities or tolerance deviations to supervisor or quality
- Perform tool wear offsets or change inserts to meet tolerance
- Monitor progress toward, and meet production goals.
- Follow, create and help maintain work instructions; complete
required daily paperwork.
- Maintain equipment and worksite by completing housekeeping,
preventive maintenance and daily inspection tasks.
- Perform other tasks as warranted or assigned by
management.Supervisory ResponsibilityThis position has no
supervisory responsibility.Work EnvironmentThe employee is subject
to inside environmental conditions with protection from weather
conditions with moderate temperature fluctuation. The employee is
exposed to hazards such as metal chips, oils and cutting fluids,
and proximity to moving parts which require adherence to safety
procedures and use of appropriate personal protective
equipment.Physical RequirementsThe employee is required to have
visual acuity to perform the essential duties and responsibilities
of the position including close vision, distance vision, color
vision, depth perception, and ability to focus. The employee will
be regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with their arms.
This position requires occasional squatting/kneeling, forward
bending, twisting/turning, pushing/pulling, neck rotation or
extension, wrist rotation or extension, forearm rotation, grasping
and pinching. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and
carry up to 70lbs. The employee may be required to move or transfer
products with an overhead crane, pallet jack and/or forklift (with
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations including
the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios, proportions, geometry & trigonometry to practical
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Interpersonal communication skills characterized by honest,
professional, respectful communication and effective listening
- Fluency in English verbal and written communication.
- Ability to meet production goals for quality and quantity.
- Possess or willing to obtain hand tools required to perform
- High level of dependability.
- Flexibility with time and schedule, and availability for
overtime when required.Desirable Qualifications
- One year related experience, training and/or technical
- Proficiency with CNC controls.
- Experience operating CNC lathes and/or mills.
- Experience reading part prints or drawings, and/or machining
- Experience using standard quality inspection tools and
- Demonstrated problem solving and reasoning ability in a
- Forklift experience and/or active forklift certification.Apply
Keywords: CEM, Burnsville , CNC Operator I - Chaska & Frazee, Other , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!