Talent Acquisition Specialist
Company: Ames Construction
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: Company OverviewAt Ames Construction,
we've built America for 60 years, and the exceptional people who
make up our team are a vital factor in our success. We are a
full-service, heavy civil and industrial general contractor that
brings innovative solutions to many market segments, from highway
and bridge construction to mining, renewables, and rail. Ames is a
family-owned company that retains its entrepreneurial spirit and
foundational values of honesty, integrity, perseverance and
opportunity, while offering the experience and stability of a
proven construction industry leader. Together, we make communities
across the U.S. safer, keep supply chains moving, and lay the
groundwork for a sustainable future. By joining Ames, you will be
working with talented colleagues at an award-winning, nationally
recognized top 75 general contractor.SummaryThe Talent Acquisition
Specialist will develop and execute a professional and management
level recruiting strategy to acquire top talent for Ames
Construction. This role will also oversee the internship and high
school craft careers program by planning outreach strategies that
will deliver a pipeline of talent throughout each region of Ames.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee professional and management level recruitment including
creating search strategies, creating job postings, actively
sourcing candidates, pre-screening, interviewing, and facilitating
the hiring process.
- Develop, recommend, and execute recruitment strategies with
hiring managers to ensure a successful candidate search within the
identified time frames.
- Use proactive methods to network with industry experts and
professional industry related associations in order to build a
pipeline of talent.
- Communicate consistently and proactively throughout the
recruitment process in effort to create a positive candidate
experience and ensure hiring managers are well informed.
- Oversee the Internship program by implementing program
objectives and campus recruiting efforts throughout all
- Establish and oversee the high school craft careers outreach
- Partner with the HR Compliance Manager to implement diversity,
equity and inclusion (DEI) hiring strategies and execute on hiring
- Serve as the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) administrator and
oversee all job posts, candidate management, and reporting, as well
as train new users and find resolution to any system issues.
- Coordinate with marketing on social media and employer branding
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment
laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Other duties as assigned. Experience, Education & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or equivalent
- Five or more years of full life cycle recruiting experience
including three years of industry experience in Construction,
Engineering or Architecture
- Demonstrated ability to develop and utilize creative sourcing
- Superior relationship management skills with the ability to
establish positive and professional rapport quickly with
candidates, hiring managers, peers, and HR team
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local employment and hiring
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong sourcing and networking skills
- Excellent time management, organization, and multi-tasking
- Experience utilizing Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and
proficient with MS office Working Conditions
- This position is located in the Corporate office in Burnsville,
- Office Environment – extensive sitting at desk and computer;
some standing, bending at the waist, stooping and reaching
required; ability to lift 5-20 pounds occasionally. We are an equal
opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals
with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Ames Construction, Burnsville , Talent Acquisition Specialist, Other , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!