Company: Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community Gaming Enterp
Posted on: May 4, 2022
Job Summary: Responsible for planning, staffing and executing
large scale outdoor, in-casino and off property events with the
dual purpose of providing a positive guest experience and
increasing profitability. Works with other departments and outside
vendors to ensure successful events per the requirements from the
Gaming Enterprise. Coordinates the logistics of the events from
conception to completion within budget constraints. Notifies all
appropriate departments of upcoming events. Attends events and
handles details necessary to execute the event. Job Duties:
- Coordinates multiple special events. Aggressively gather
information on each project to achieve quality events. Conduct
research, make site visits, and find resources to help make
decisions about event possibilities.
- Assist with negotiations for space contracts and book event
space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual
equipment, make travel arrangements, order event signs, and ensure
appropriate dcor to meet the quality expectations. Serve as liaison
with clients and/or vendors on event-related matters. Assist with
managing on-site events. Close out all events as required.
- Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress
reports for each event project. Keep track of event finances
including check requests, invoicing, and reporting. Prepare and
modify event contracts as requested
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and
- Assists with creating and implementing marketing materials for
- Responds to event inquiries.Requirements
- Combination of post-secondary education in business, marketing,
or related field and/or experience in event planning/coordinating
or related field to equal four years.
- Solid background in event planning, with expertise in every
area from implementation to final reconciliation
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof
reading skills, and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone,
with high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Valid driver's license may be required with good driving
- Must be available evenings and weekends to participate in
execution of events.
- On feel or standing 40% of shift.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
Keywords: Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community Gaming Enterp, Burnsville , Event Representative, Other , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!