Retail HR Business Partner
Company: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?
Posted on: October 14, 2021
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
To proactively meet the Human Resources (HR) needs of assigned
retail regions by serving as a first point of contact and
consultant on a broad range of HR topics including in the areas of
employee relations, performance management, and legal compliance.
To provide comprehensive administrative support for Human Resources
(HR) programs, policies, and initiatives for assigned areas.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Works effectively with retail store and regional leadership,
within a remote work environment, to build and maintain a
relationship of trust and collaboration in support of assigned
areas. Plays the role of support, conscience, voice of reason and
business partner, managing the relationship between the best
interest of the location and compliance with Human Resources
policies and best practices.
2. Responds promptly to retail employee inquiries and concerns in
addition to providing employee relations guidance to managers to
ensure effective application of company policies/procedures and
company culture and minimize legal risks, complaints, charges and
3. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations when
employee complaints, misconduct or other concerns are brought forth
within assigned regions. Ensures investigations are done in a
timely manner, documented appropriately, and the necessary
corrective action is implemented to appropriately manage any risk.
Ensures all investigations are done in a legally compliant
4. Coaches retail managers in the areas of complex employee
relations issues, employee management, talent development, change
management, succession planning, and team effectiveness. Provides
advice, guidance, and interpretation of HR policies and statutory
regulations and laws. As needed, seeks additional support from Lead
Retail HR Business Partner and/or legal counsel.
5. Identifies, advocates for, and implements Human Resources best
practices across the retail division; simplifies or reduces
non-value-added processes. Helps the business identify and resolve
opportunities for increased efficiency or decreased bureaucracy.
Enables and ensures compliance in regulated practices pertinent to
department. Advocates for employee involvement and empowerment in
6. Assists with the development, communication, and administration
of the Company’s Human Resources policies, procedures, and
7. Serves as a subject matter expert for federal and state
regulations and ensures accurate and appropriate strategies and
tactics are in place. Demonstrates balanced advocacy for employees
and the business. Complies with all existing governmental and labor
legal and government reporting requirements including any related
to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans With
Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA),
Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Department of
Labor, worker’s compensation, Occupational Safety and Health
Administration (OSHA), and so forth. Maintains minimal company
exposure to lawsuits. Protects the interests of employees and the
company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and
governmental laws and regulations.
8. Initiates and supports recruiting activities to fill all
exempt-level vacancies for assigned regions. Evaluates applicant
qualifications within the Company’s Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
by reviewing applications and conducting initial interviews.
Coordinates the pre-employment screening process including criminal
background check process. Provides recruiting support for
non-exempt level positions on an as needed basis or as
9. Supports the Company’s performance management process which
includes the annual review process, Individual Development Plans
(IDPs), and disciplinary actions. Consults with business managers
and reviews all disciplinary actions prior to being given to
employees to ensure consistency, legal compliance, and equitable
treatment for all employees.
10. Provides general administrative support to the Human Resources
functions, such as ensuring employment transactions are processed
in a timely manner, time keeping functions are completed, responds
to unemployment claims, and filing of employment records including
managing files according to the record retention policy.
11. Ensures workers compensation reports are filed in a timely
manner and that Occupational Safety and Health Administration
(OSHA) logs are complete and current. Works with supervisor to
follow through on case management to expedite return to work to
minimize cost and monitors claims for problems and quick
resolution. Partners with supervisor and the Safety Manager to
provide recommendations on various safety issues,
while minimizing the number of on-the-job accidents and illnesses.
Complies with all federal and state safety regulations.
12. Assists with the Company initiated programs including, but not
limited to, charitable giving, wellness activities,
benefits enrollment, engagement initiatives and celebrations.
Adapts programs to meet audience as needed, implements and monitors
13. Stays current with changes and the latest trends in the Human
Resources discipline. Recommends approaches, policies, procedures,
and projects to achieve continuous improvements and meet the
changing needs of the organization.
14. Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential
problems, and related information necessary for effective
management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with
others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team
15. Performs other duties as apparent or assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral science or related area.
• At least 3 years of related Human Resource support
• At least 1 year Retail field experience preferred.
• Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred,
• Strong internal customer service focus.
• Demonstrated ability to remotely build relationships, handle
conflict resolution and influence decisions.
• Strong administrative and organizational skills.
• Knowledge and experience with HRIS and timekeeping systems
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications including Word,
Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple and varied projects.
• Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all employee
• Handles confidential information with the utmost judgment and
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
with a wide variety of customers, Company personnel and others.
• Ability to travel to store locations for up to 25% of time for up
to one week at a time and on short notice when necessary.
• Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies
Keywords: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?, Burnsville , Retail HR Business Partner, Other , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!