Sr. Manager, Global Continuous Improvement
Company: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?
Posted on: October 12, 2021
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To manage, communicate and execute the Company’s continuous
improvement vision, strategies, methods and tools to achieve
improved results in key business metrics relating to safety,
quality, delivery, cost, growth, and morale. To be an agent of
change and support the cultural shift in the adoption of Lean daily
management principles across the Manufacturing, Logistics and
• This person will need little direction and will have the
knowledge and experience to run a continuous improvement playbook.
They will have examples of successful Kaizen applications from
previous experience and will be able to adapt and articulate their
methodology to the Company’s specific needs.
• This person will not only be a part of planning for continuous
improvement events, they will also need to be able to roll up their
sleeves and be on the floor to execute the plans and events when
• This person will have the outcome-based goals to expand capacity
and remove cost for the processes and locations supported. Their
performance will be linked to end of year goals of EBITDA, their
scorecard, and their contribution to the continuous improvement
environment for the locations they support.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Owns the continuous improvement culture for all assigned areas
including identifying and working on key projects for improvement,
identifying and limiting waste, and successfully implementing more
efficient processes. Establishes a multi-year continuous
improvement roadmap to drive standardization and sustainability for
across all locations supported.
2. Leads successful Kaizen events by installing and ensuring
commitment to the Kaizen process including the planning of Kaizen
with a dynamic funnel process, Kaizen execution, and sustainment of
Kaizen. Elevates critical business decisions to the appropriate
management teams and functional managers as needed.
3. Leads and maintains the Kaizen plan calendar across the
supported locations, assembles cross functional teams, leads the
team in conducting the event, and isn’t afraid to roll up their
sleeves and participate events as needed.
4. Develops improvement strategies that are aligned with company
strategic objectives, initiatives, and projects as they pertain to
manufacturing, logistics and merchandising operations. Leads year
over year productivity improvements, EBITDA growth, and manages the
KPIs and reporting methods to track and report process
5. Establishes the strategies, goals, and tools to employ in
projects (from X to Y), and compares actual results achieved to the
targets. Maintains records of the events ran, the tools used, the
results achieved, post event maintenance, and manages to a
6. Leads breakthrough opportunities by applying data driven,
process solving techniques. Monitors and analyzes various metrics
and processes (physical and transactional), to prioritize which
continuous improvement opportunities and activities will yield the
greatest impact across the network.
7. Utilizes various lean manufacturing tools to drive safety,
quality, efficiency and waste reduction. Develops and refines
training material on Lean principles and tools. Is the primary
mentor in developing the knowledge, skills and application of Lean
principles and developing other Lean leaders and executors.
8. Develops and maintains the structure of ensuring that processes
are being followed in accordance with documented procedures by
creating audits to verify follow through and sustainment. Creates
and revises process documentation when a formal process does not
exist or requires updating.
9. Champions employee engagement with continuous improvement at all
levels of the organization. Collaborates with other department
managers and leaders to understand the goals and objectives for
their areas of responsibility and assists them in the development
of strategies and use of tools to achieve their desired
10. Leads employees as it relates to all projects or related work,
establishes performance requirements, clarifies responsibilities.
Provides input to performance appraisals and plans for individual
11. Keeps supervisors informed of important developments, potential
problems, and related information necessary for effective
continuous improvement. Coordinates and communicates plans
and activities with others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated
work effort and team approach.
12. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business management or related
field of study.
• At least 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing industry.
• At least 5 years in a continuous improvement role.
• At least 2 years of supervisory leadership experience.
• Strong background in driving cross-functional continuous
improvement and operational excellence initiatives required.
• Expert level understanding of lean manufacturing principles,
philosophies and practices.
• Ability to train and inspire continuous improvement
transformation, as well as influence through leadership and
coaching without reliance on position or authority.
• Demonstrated application and proven results in utilizing a large
range of tools and methods for process improvement, commonly used
in lean manufacturing.
• Lean, Six Sigma, Problem Solving and other Continuous Improvement
certifications strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated success with Kaizen applications with the ability to
adapt and articulate their methodology to the Company’s specific
• Demonstrated ability in organizing work and results in the
various stages of project and change management.
• Ability to work independently under ambiguous and changing
conditions, with deadline and resource constraints.
• Excellent communication skills and is comfortable in front of all
levels of the organization, as well as external customers.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate across disciplines and
integrate all aspects of business as they impact continuous
improvement projects, including negotiation of scope, roles and
responsibilities, specifications, timelines, and resources.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs including Excel,
Word and Power Point.
• Ability to travel up to 50% of the time to facilities in
Minnesota, Texas, and South Carolina.
• Ability to travel on an occasional basis to facilities located
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
with a wide variety of suppliers, customers, and company personnel
at varying levels of the organization including senior executive
• Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core
Keywords: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?, Burnsville , Sr. Manager, Global Continuous Improvement, Other , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!