New Store / Remodel Facilities Project Manager
Company: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?
Posted on: October 7, 2021
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To support the Facilities and Merchandising departments with
various projects focusing on procurement, development, installation
and follow up on new store setups, remodels, relocations and store
closings. To coordinate and manage large capital projects and
assist in daily department operations.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Supports the planning and coordinating of all phases in the new
store set-up process, including project management, procurement,
2. Directs vendor workforce and manages projects on-site without
supervision for extended periods of time.
3. Responsible for planning/implementation and development of
remodels, relocations, and store closings.
4. Reviews planning, budgeting and implementation of major
facilities projects including department moves, roofing projects,
paving projects and other capital expenditures, including, but not
limited to site supervision and acceptance of project.
5. Provides schedule and regular updates on progress and planned
completion of assigned projects in a fiscally responsible
6. Oversees and assists Facilities Manager in software functions
including Facilities Management Software.
7. Effectively execute new initiatives, lead and coach retail field
partners through vendor and store maintenance updates or
8. Follow store set instructions and planogram schematics to build
and install new display sets.
9. Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential
problems and related information necessary for effective
management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with
others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team
10. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related
• At least 2 years’ experience working in facilities management or
the construction industry.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the construction industry.
• Ability to read blueprints required.
• Planogram/retail experience preferred.
• Basic knowledge of business accounting practices.
• Successfully completes all assignments within established budgets
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to supervise and direct 1 to 20 contractors while working
• Previous experience using AutoCad 2000 preferred.
• Excellent computer skills including the ability to effectively
work with the Microsoft Office suite.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
with a wide variety of Company personnel and outside
• Ability to travel up to 3 weeks at a time per month as needed,
travel up to 40%.
• Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
• Frequently required to sit, use hands to handle objects and talk
• Frequent wrist and/or hand movement is required.
• Occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and
• Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distant
vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Keywords: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?, Burnsville , New Store / Remodel Facilities Project Manager, Other , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!