Company: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?
Posted on: October 2, 2021
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To execute strategy while growing market share, drive new business
and product opportunities, and improve merchandising productivity.
The Buyer is responsible for all aspects of daily business within
their assigned category(s). This role will have financial
accountability, including Profit & Loss (P&L) and buying
responsibilities for assigned products. The Buyer will manage their
assigned category(s) within the direction of the Divisional
Merchandise Manager with end-to-end ownership of the
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Owns P&L performance for assigned category(s) with buying
2. Executes direction and strategy for assigned category(s) and
product assortments that meets strategic performance
3. Researches, understands, and identifies customer, competitive,
and industry trends and opportunities to drive the company’s
Merchandising and Marketing strategies.
4. Creates and manages customer-centric, solution-based assortments
in assigned category(s) that align with the vison and strategy
through an omni-channel lens.
5. Translates strategy into actionable tactics that execute and
meet or exceed financial objectives including sales, gross margin,
and inventory turn.
6. Drives the Product Line Review strategy with clear deliverables,
objectives and outcome-based goals.
7. Maintains effective relationships with vendors while negotiating
and providing feedback and acquiring new relationships that align
to business strategies.
8. Maintains industry expertise to stay current on new trends and
business opportunities to optimize product category success.
9. Works with pricing department to establish prices for all
assigned items to assure a competitive position in the marketplace,
while maintaining acceptable gross margin percentages for the
subclass. Has responsibility for final decision on prices.
10. Manages product packaging, quality, and graphic materials to
ensure they comply with company standards.
11. Provides regular written communication and updates to
Manager/Director to ensure effective communication regarding
12. Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential
problems and related information necessary for effective
management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities
with others to ensure a coordinated work effort and team
13. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a merchandising-related
• At least 2 years of related purchasing/product development
• Knowledge of hard-line tools and equipment preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of Company’s product lines and customer
• Through knowledge of other departments and functions as they
relate to merchandising.
• Strong organizational and communication skills required.
• Ability to keep multiple projects on schedule simultaneously.
• Ability to work accurately with numbers and details.
• Computer knowledge and skills required, including Microsoft Excel
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
with a wide variety of Company and vendor personnel.
• Ability to travel up to 10 working days per month.
• Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core
Keywords: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?, Burnsville , Buyer, Other , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!