Company: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?
Posted on: September 15, 2021
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To develop, implement, communicate and manage the Company’s safety
programs including safety training, as well as promoting the goals
and objectives of the Company.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Establishes and promotes the safety programs for all Company
2. Owns the Company results as it relates to the goals and
objectives set for the established safety programs.
3. Reviews safety mandates and ensures the Company’s compliance
with all governmental workplace safety standards.
4. Coordinates interdepartmental efforts to ensure a safe and
compliant working environment.
5. Establishes, coordinates and directs safety training programs to
meet the Company’s training and development needs.
6. Sets meaningful and appropriate goals and objectives for safety
training and develops effective plans, policies and programs to
attain those goals and objectives.
7. Works with all Company departments to establish their safety
training needs and develop plans to meet those
8. Documents safety training programs and offerings to ensure
employee development and departmental needs are being met.
9. Reviews, analyses and reports trends in worker’s compensation
claims and initiates programs to lower incidence and severity of
10. Supervises and manages training support personnel as it relates
to all projects or related work. Establishes performance
requirements, clarifies responsibilities of those supervised,
conducts performance appraisals and plans for individual employee
11. Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential
problems and related information necessary for effective
management. Coordinates/communicates plans and activities with
others to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
12. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Risk
Management or related field.
• At least 7 years of experience in leading safety in an
operational or functional support role.
• At least 3 years of supervisory experience.
• Experience leading and managing safety processes.
• Experience in distribution and/or manufacturing work
• Experience with Safety compliance and OSHA regulations.
• Experience in process improvement preferred.
• Strong administrative and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple and varied projects.
• Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all employee
• Ability to lead cross-functionally in order to achieve Company
• Ability to influence employees in their work to contribute to the
overall success of Northern.
• Ability to work accurately with details.
• Genuine interest in people-oriented work; must display a positive
and caring attitude.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
with a wide variety of customers, Company personnel and others.
• Ability to complete tasks and projects within specific time
• Ability to handle confidential information with the utmost
• Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel.
• Ability to travel up to 70% of the time by all modes of
transportation, including overnight stays and weekends.
• Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core
Keywords: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?, Burnsville , Safety Director, Other , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!