Senior Business Systems Analyst - Supply Chain
Company: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?
Posted on: September 13, 2021
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
The BSA ensures alignment and involvement between the business
and IT day-to-day for the organization’s business technology.
Implement and support business solutions by building relationships
and partnerships with key stakeholders and subject matter experts.
Identify business needs, document, and implement necessary
processes and best practices. Monitor progress and results.
Recognize and capitalize on improvement opportunities. Adapt to
competing demands, organizational changes, and new
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Develop and maintain relationships with key business process
owners and subject matter experts.
- Manage key business relationships and expectations by
leveraging the defined communication process to keep others up to
date on system projects, enhancements, and support topics.
- Develop and maintain knowledge for business systems, needs and
processes. Apply knowledge to the development, execution, and
improvement of action plans by providing advice and guidance to
others in the application of information and best practices.
- Participate in multiple projects, tasks and second level
- Apply system and business knowledge, analysis skills, leverage
business relationships, work with development on solutioning,
create and update documentation, manage scope, adjust schedules
when necessary, determine daily priorities, ensure efficient and
on-time delivery, follow proper escalation paths, and manage
business expectations and relationships.
- Identify, create and facilitate process design changes by
conducting business and systems process analysis, focusing on
quality improvement and data management, ensuring data is reliable
and valid, developing process improvements or re-engineering and
recommending elimination; integrating new systems and processes
with existing ones, and ensure solutions meet the long-term
- Provide project and support analysis – producing required
analysis documentation (business and functional requirements,
scope, use cases, diagrams, future state proposals, UAT test
- Elicit and lead requirements gathering, analysis and
verification meetings and ensure final requirement statements are
accurate, verifiable consistent, feasible and comprehensive.
- Collaborate closely with developers to prioritize work items,
understand requirements, and plan production release contents and
- Participate in the QA of solutions to ensure features and
functions meet requirements and business needs as requested. Aid in
the development of test plans, test conditions, test scripts,
analyze and written test results, and maintain defect and
- Identify improvement opportunities (proactive and reactive).
Establish and implement effective practices and participate in
continuous improvement. Assess business processes and systems for
inefficiencies and identify underlying patterns among business
needs and system issues to find common solutions.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of project schedules
by aiding in the development of project plans and specifications,
estimating time and resources, monitoring milestone completion,
tracking all phases of the project lifecycle, providing timely
reporting of issues that impact project progress, coordinating
actions and resolving conflicts.
- Aid in the coordination, mentoring and management of new team
members and any contracted staff.
- Inform manager of important developments, potential problems,
and related information necessary for effective management.
Coordinate and communicate plans and activities with others, as
appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science,
information services, business administration, or work equivalent
in related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in a Sr. BSA position.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications
skills, including the ability to interact professionally with
diverse groups, across disciplines, and with executives, managers,
and subject matter experts.
- Superior analytical, organizational, time management and
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office
(Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and with business process modeling tools
such as Microsoft Visio.
- Experience with Azure Dev Ops and/or TFS.
- Experience leading and participating in quality assurance
- Experience with issue/defect/request logging and
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in a
collaborative team-oriented environment.
- An understanding of and experience with interpreting customer
business needs and translating them into application and
- Experience writing documentation and procedures addressing user
- Experience working with a diverse set of projects in addition
to training or coaching others on best practices, standards, and
guidelines related to the business analysis function.
- Experience preparing technical and other related documents by
collecting, analyzing, and summarizing business requirements,
information, and trends.
- Ability to engage stakeholders in meaningful and effective
- Ability to communicate technology concepts effectively with
technically proficient and non-technically proficient
- Deep understanding of business processes and strong business
acumen across multiple business functions.
- Ability to lead cross functional efforts.
- Ability to influence others without a direct reporting
relationship to achieve desired results.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and develop
individuals and teams.
- Experience working with Retail, Financial, and Supply Chain
- Experience working with D365 a plus but not required.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core
Keywords: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?, Burnsville , Senior Business Systems Analyst - Supply Chain, Other , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!