Data Analyst, Pricing & Operations
Company: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?
Posted on: September 12, 2021
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To develop standard reporting, analysis, and applications for the
Merchandising, Pricing, and Operations area using the Business
Intelligence (BI) analytic tools available to meet the needs of
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Leads projects to enhance the analytical capabilities of
Merchandising, Pricing and Operations to enhance data-driven
decision making in the business.
2. Develops, test, and deploys standard reports and dashboards
based on business requirements.
3. Researches BI best practices and analytical methods to determine
where best to implement.
4. Uses advanced data mining techniques to analyze, find
significant data trends, and interprets results. Creates standard,
recurring, and ad-hoc reports for management, and provides insights
based on information as needed.
5. Builds and maintains relationships cross-functionally in order
to stay current with the needs and operations of the business
functional areas supported.
6. Provides training and assistance to peers to help them better
understand reporting outcomes and capabilities. Provides support to
pricing analysts on how to get data from the company BI
environment, as well as other department analysts on best practices
to build and analyze reporting data.
7. Identifies and implements process improvements, including
opportunities for automation as it relates to data collection and
8. Learns and understands a broad range of data resources and knows
when, how, and the type to use or not use at any given time.
Provides thought leadership on best practices to other
9. Thinks strategically about the company’s in-house modeling and
analytical capabilities and how they can best be used to grow
overall company profitability.
10. Captures data requirements, builds and maintains ETL pipelines
with Merchandising/Pricing 3rd party support companies.
11. Leads the technical and analytical training of the Pricing
12. Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential
problems and related information necessary for effective
management. Coordinates and communicates product line
opportunities and plans with others, where appropriate, to ensure a
coordinated work effort and team approach.
13. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, Statistics, Business,
Economics, or Mathematics preferred.
• At least 3 years relevant work experience.
• At least 3 years’ experience with business intelligence tools,
including SAS, PowerBI, SSMS required.
• Experience in SAS programming and Python is a plus.
• Experience working with Price Optimization and Merchandising
Planning a plus.
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to provide follow-up
research when necessary.
• Ability to effectively gather and manage information from a
variety of internal and external sources.
• Strong math aptitude including understanding components of
financial analysis and the ability to work accurately with
• Ability to be flexible and react quickly to change.
• Ability to travel on at least on a quarterly basis.
• Strong organizational skills in order to effectively manage a
variety of responsibilities.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
with a wide variety of company and vendor personnel.
• Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core
Keywords: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?, Burnsville , Data Analyst, Pricing & Operations, Other , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!