Senior Project Manager, IT
Company: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?
Posted on: September 11, 2021
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To provide leadership, management and coordination on all
activities related to the project management team’s assigned IT
projects including in the areas of: goal setting, planning,
estimating, resource allocation and assignments, project health and
reporting, problem resolution and collaboration with key
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Develops, communicates, implements, and oversees technology
project plans which identify all project phases, required resources
- Ensures effective team identification of and acts as an
escalation point for project risks, issues, assumptions and
dependencies within the portfolio. Works with the team to devise
and implement effective mitigation strategies taking corrective
action to achieve resolution to the satisfaction of Program Manager
and/or business sponsor.
- Determines internal and external resources required to deliver
and complete projects assigned to project management team.
- Communicates effectively project expectations to team members
in a timely and clear fashion.
- Works with Corporate departments in developing functional
requirements for purchasing third party software.
- Works with Corporate departments to assess proposed systems for
feasibility by developing conceptual, functional and logical system
- Works collaboratively with various Technology Resource Managers
for resource assignments, issue resolution, and task
- Assists Corporate departments in gathering, developing and
documenting system requirements.
- Utilizes project management tools to prepare clear and concise
documentation relating to each project.
- Coordinates project definition with business community sponsors
to determine project work schedule and required resources.
- Directs project teams composed of resources from the business
community and Information Systems and manages the team to ensure
the project plan, objectives and tasks are met. Provides project
status reports to business sponsors and works with sponsors to
resolve project issues, such as resource contention and schedule
- Provides coaching and mentoring to individuals and teams
related to Project Management best practices and continuous process
- Supervises and manages employees as it relates to all projects
or related work, establishes performance requirements, clarifies
responsibilities of those supervised, conducts performance
appraisals and plans for individual employee development.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential
problems, and related information necessary for effective
management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with
others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, business
administration or a related field or 8 plus years of successful
performance as a project manager.
- At least 3 years of supervisory/management experience.
- At least 8 years of Project Management experience demonstrated
by a proven track record of success in multiple complex projects
and/or programs preferred.
- At least 8 years of professional, related experience in
consulting, software development, client management, team
management, business relationship management and resource
- Must have experience in all phases of project life cycle and
have a demonstrative understanding of project management.
- Ability to coordinate the work of project teams.
- Thorough knowledge of data processing systems and
- Current thorough knowledge of technical skills as they relate
to objectives of position.
- Demonstrated ability to keep up-to-date on new
software/hardware technology and other advancements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
with a wide variety of Company personnel.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core
Keywords: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?, Burnsville , Senior Project Manager, IT, Other , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!