Sourcing Manager, Indirect Services & Materials
Company: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?
Posted on: September 11, 2021
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To develop, implement and oversee strategies for various
non-production commodities. To focus on reducing annual enterprise
expenditures in Sales & Marketing, Outsourced I/T & Legal Services,
Retail Store Fixtures, Company Insurance & Travel and other
categories determined by company management.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Leads indirect strategic sourcing and implementation of assigned
categories in close partnership with functional stakeholder groups.
Develops strategies for assigned indirect service categories
including travel, IT, marketing, and professional services.
2. Completes an in-depth spend analysis and spend category
segmentation to identify opportunities across all assigned indirect
categories. Tracks performance for each spend category and drives
progress to meet annual operating plan goals. Establishes
historical spend baseline by working collaboratively with other
departments like Finance, to extract data from various sources to
create a master data set.
3. Maintains and disseminates knowledge and awareness of industry
issues, trends and developments for assigned commodity area.
Determines market conditions, initiative objectives, and gather
4. Strategizes optimal sourcing processes based on savings levers
and required timeline. Identifies and qualifies suppliers capable
of providing materials and services to meet Company requirements,
ensuring productivity, continuous improvement, and negotiated
lowest total overall cost.
5. Screens, identifies and selects qualified potential suppliers
based on capability, quality control, and cost competitiveness.
Ensures competitive pricing on all sourced components through
extensive market analysis and benchmarking.
6. Conducts and manages the entire bid process for complex
projects. Leads negotiation strategy development and execution for
all indirect categories to achieve year-over-year improvement in
the overall cost of operations and services.
7. Negotiates pricing and other commercial terms with qualified
suppliers. Manages supplier relationships including negotiating
contracts and prices, monitoring supplier performance,
selecting/analyzing the supply base and developing and executing
the site supplier strategies and commodity plans.
8. Assesses, manages and mitigates any corporate risk associated
with complex sourcing initiatives. Makes business case
recommendations for decision(s) based on quantitative and
qualitative evaluation factors.
9. Creates, negotiates, implements, and manages long-term complex
purchase agreements with critical suppliers covering all applicable
areas. Develops and implements industry best practice sourcing and
contract negotiations, including the identification of new sources
and programs for indirect materials and services.
10. Implements sourcing solutions, performs contract management and
supplier reviews, and updates appropriate stakeholders as
11. Coordinates with and develops relationships with appropriate
stakeholders to ensure project success.
12. Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential
problems and related information necessary for effective
management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities
with others to ensure a coordinated work effort and team
13. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in sourcing, merchandising or
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in operational
procurement, strategic sourcing, supplier management, commodity
risk management or related field.
• Excellent understanding of indirect procurement process in a
corporate, sourcing or manufacturing environment.
• Knowledge of indirect material categories including but not
limited to sales & marketing, outsourced I/T and legal services,
corporate travel, company insurance programs, and utilities cost
• Through knowledge of other departments and functions as they
relate to merchandising.
• Strong organizational and communication skills required.
• Strong negotiation skills including experience with large
• Ability to influence without direct authority, at all levels of
• Ability to identify and pursue multiple initiatives
simultaneously and deliver strong results.
• Ability to keep multiple projects on schedule simultaneously.
• Ability to work accurately with numbers and details.
• Computer knowledge and skills required, including Microsoft
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
with a wide variety of Company and vendor personnel.
• Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core
Keywords: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?, Burnsville , Sourcing Manager, Indirect Services & Materials, Other , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!