Payroll & Accounts Receivable Manager
Company: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?
Posted on: July 21, 2021
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To manage and oversee all Payroll and Accounts Receivable (A/R)
functions to ensure best in class business processes for payment
processing, minimization of chargeback losses, and multi-state
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Manages relationships with external vendors to ensure all
Payroll and A/R responsibilities are executed in accordance with
company policies and all State and Federal regulations. These
relationships include, but are not limited, to credit card
processors, private label credit issuer, gift card provider,
payroll and time tracking providers.
2. Facilitates the timely execution of department processes such as
payment deposits and reconciliations, customer refunds, mail
orders, and payroll.
3. Develops reporting to monitor the type and amount of credit card
fraud, returned checks and charge backs. Identifies changes
in business processes to reduce or limit fraud and chargeback
4. Performs all monthly close activities including, but not limited
to, reconciliation of the accounts receivable sub-ledger, refunds
due to Retail customers, and gift card liability accounts in an
accurate and timely manner.
5. Partners with internal departments proactively to lead and
participate in cross-functional process and system improvement
6. Manages the relationship with internal departments and
subsidiaries to ensure accurate payroll processing.
7. Confirms the accuracy of payroll processing. Oversees the
preparation of new hire reporting to register employees for iPay
and distributes required manual checks.
8. Reviews ADP prepared tax forms including, but not limited to,
W-4, W-2, 941, 940 and state tax forms, and ensures timely filing
of forms and payments. Prepares various multi-jurisdictional
9. Ensures the financial controls for A/R and Payroll to safeguard
the company’s financial assets.
10. Utilizes historical data to establish budgets and provide
variance explanations as needed.
11. Supervises and manages employees as it relates to all projects
or related work, establishes key performance requirements,
clarifies responsibilities of those supervised, conducts
performance appraisals and plans for individual employee
12. Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential
problems and related information necessary for effective
management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities
with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and
13. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent
• At least 5 years of experience with Accounts Receivable and/or
Payroll experience in a large private or publicly traded retail
company with a strong internal control environment.
• At least 5 years of supervisory experience with proven skills in
the areas of motivation, employee development and change
• General knowledge of federal and state laws regarding payroll,
taxes, withholding, deductions, garnishments and the ability to
research, analyze and document new laws.
• Thorough knowledge of accounting policies and procedures as they
relate to the credit and collections function.
• Proven ability to build strong business relationships at all
levels throughout an organization.
• Demonstrated high level of initiative and drive; ability to
multi-task, work efficiently, problem solve and manage deadlines in
a fast-paced, high growth environment.
• Experience with a large-scale ERP system; Microsoft Dynamics AX
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
with a wide variety of customers, Company personnel and others.
• Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core
Keywords: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?, Burnsville , Payroll & Accounts Receivable Manager, Other , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!