Marketing Operations Manager
Company: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?
Posted on: July 19, 2021
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To manage the Company’s Marketing
Department processes, resources, integration (with Merchandising)
and production by ensuring the Marketing machine runs smoothly and
outputs are delivered on-time and on-budget to positively impact
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Manages the intake of assignments from the enterprise to
provide marketing support.
- Maps all marketing department processes, ensuring the proper
amount of time to plan, cost out, execute and memorialize learnings
for the next campaign or effort.
- Assists the SVP of Marketing and Creative Leads in ensuring
company strategy is deployed consistently throughout work from the
department and via any third-party partners (agency).
- Maintains oversight of all marketing programs and ensures that
commitments are properly planned, staffed, and monitored by working
with the owners of individual programs.
- Forecasts resource capacity and report on existing resource
utilization. Makes recommendations to balance and optimize resource
utilization via planning techniques with the SVP of Marketing.
- Collaborates with the Merchandising department in activities
regarding the flow of Objectives, Goals, Strategies, Measures and
tactics (OGSMT) + promotional pricing to Marketing for campaign
- Drives automation to enhance project management/speed to
delivery (e.g., InMotion).
- Manages post campaign feedback and learning reporting to
discuss and share with the team and to file for anniversary
- Manages procurement for the marketing department and leads the
negotiation of vendor agreements and contracts.
- Manages all production and art buying
- Leads integration on any New Brand implementation across
multiple brand expression points to align marketing priorities to
business goals and go-to-market strategy.
- Documents existing and new processes; defines forms necessary
for proper flow. Develops operational process improvements and
procedures to improve quality, efficiency and capability of
- Lead cross functional teams to assemble and present monthly
marketing KPIs reporting as well as capturing refinements and
- Develops and maintains interdepartmental relationships in order
to successfully partner for improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. / B.S.) from accredited four-year
college or university, required.
- At least 6 years of experience in leading marketing department
or equivalent creative organization’s processes and functions.
- Demonstrated budget management and cost cutting prowess.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated experience with qualitative and quantitative media
research tools like Nielsen, Arbitron, RADAR, Simmons, etc.
- Database skills: ability to plan and pull lists from database;
pull and evaluate results from campaign mailings, etc.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with demonstrated
experience using data-driven decision making and performing
financial and operational analysis.
- Ability to plan and manage the department’s work effort for
timely and effective completion of projects and other
- Experience balancing and leading the prioritization of new
- Excellent program and project planning, budgeting, scheduling
and resource management skills.
- Ability to create, present and manage to budget required
- Change Management – Adaptable to a fast paced, shifting work
environment; willing to remain flexible to accommodate changing
business conditions, work requirements, customer and scheduling
- Collaboration – Cooperate with others to achieve shared
objectives and get work done. Consider interests of others as well
as one’s own.
- Responsive – Addresses inquiries and requests from stakeholders
in a timely fashion. Clearly communicates and manages work to
agreed-upon timelines and deadlines. Proactively informs
stakeholders of necessary delays and changes to deliverables.
- Accountability – Follow through on commitments. Take personal
responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures. Hold others
accountable to process steps and timing to ensure deliverables are
delivered on time and on budget.
- Instills Trust – Show consistency in word and action. Treat
others with respect. Operate with honesty and integrity.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to detail, ability to focus on the
project or task at hand, adherence to Company policies and
requirements while consistently delivering error free results.
- Leads by example in following the Company Code of Business
Conduct (Ethics) and all other applicable laws, policies and
- Strong reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate sound judgment by making effective decisions
consistent with department strategy and company policies and being
able to support decisions with facts and details
- Self-motivating to set and achieve challenging goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for
presenting information and ideas and responding to questions from
co-workers, vendors, clients and customers
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core
Keywords: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?, Burnsville , Marketing Operations Manager, Other , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!