Portfolio Management Analyst
Company: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?
Posted on: July 14, 2021
The Analyst role is focused on the consistent flow of current,
accurate, and useful information amongst the Steering Committee,
the Project Management Office (PMO), project managers, and
The Steering Committee provides the oversight of the existing
projects (active, pending, on hold, and completed). The Analyst is
tasked with the timely collection and/or validation of status
information from project managers to support this essential
The Steering Committee also requires a perpetually current and
usable forecast of resource capacity. The Analyst is tasked with
collecting and updating projections of project timing and resource
allocations for the upcoming [3, 6, 12-month period] in order to
provide that capacity forecast. This data comes from both PMO
leadership (for pending and on-hold projects) and the project
managers (for active projects). Capacity forecasting includes
reconciliation of past resource allocations against realized
capacity based on input from project managers and project
The Analyst will also collect and create report on the benefits
realized by successfully completed projects in accordance with the
company’s benefits realization management processes.
Strategy & Planning
- Reporting on status of current projects.
- Forecasting future resource capacity based on resource
- Attendance at various steering committee and PMO meetings,
along with administrative support for recordkeeping and follow-up
with both attendees and non-attendees.
- Ensuring the timely entry and updating of data by the various
process owners and reporting on deficiencies in that currency to
- Validation of portfolio-level reporting before alerting senior
leadership of its availability.
- Coordination of various events in terms of facility,
invitation, equipment, catering, and other logistics.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer
science, technology, and/or project management, with one to two
years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in technology-related and project management
disciplines. Project management professional (PMP) certification
preferred, but not required.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft
Excel, is required.
- Working technical knowledge of [your current PPM software]
- Strong understanding of project and portfolio management
- Familiarity with the functioning of a PMO and Steering
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication
- Ability to conduct research into project and portfolio
management issues as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative
Keywords: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?, Burnsville , Portfolio Management Analyst, Other , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!