Associate Drop Ship Merchant
Company: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Interested in working
for a business recognized as a Star Tribune “Top Workplace” in
Minnesota the past five years? Want the opportunity to gain
experience in corporate merchandising? If so, this may be the job
This is currently a
remote/work from home position as a Drop Ship Merchant in Northern
Tool's Merchandising Department.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To act as a liaison between vendors, customers, and Merchandise
Managers to assist and support the efficient handling of the drop
ship process. Proactively monitoring and influencing vendor
compliance to company standards.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Supports the drop ship program for all assigned vendors
providing clear direction to ensure conformity to company standards
and processes to maximize profitability and customer
2. Seeks assistance from co-workers in compiling and analyzing
reports to monitor and measure assigned vendors performance within
the drop ship program. Actively working with vendors to resolve
issues discovered. Identifies problematic items and vendors,
keeping direct Manager and the Merchandise Manager informed of
status and progress.
3. Is a point of contact for vendors in their inquiries about
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) and portal drop ship order
4. Researches customer inquiries and communicates with vendors to
determine the most efficient and economical resolution for the
company and customer. Documents resolution and all actions
5. Investigates order delays and notifies customers of backorders
and anticipated fill dates. Initiates the process of updating item
availability on-line or determines to temporarily remove the item.
Follows up with the vendor as fill date approaches.
6. Processes order cancel, change, refund or return requests with
vendors electronically; follows up with vendors to ensure timely
resolution for the customer.
7. Traces drop ship orders with vendors and freight carriers,
documents shipping information, and reports status to external
customers in a courteous professional manner.
8. Updates individual purchase orders with cost revisions within
tolerance set by Drop Ship Manager and retransmits purchase orders
to vendors to minimize delays in processing while communicating
error to Merchant.
9. Communicates drop ship request status and resolution directly to
customers in both oral and written forms.
10. Answers telephone and in-person inquiries regarding drop ship
orders and procedures from Merchandise Managers, customers, vendors
and other departments (e.g. Contact Center, Transportation, Credit
11. Provides feedback to improve the customer experience within the
drop ship program.
12. Participates in regularly scheduled key meetings within
Merchandising, such as the monthly Business review, and provides
feedback on performance and areas of potential improvement in
13. Keeps Supervisor informed of important developments, potential
problems and related information necessary for effective
management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with
others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team
• High School education or equivalent required.
• At least 1 year of merchandising or customer service work
• Familiarity in using the Microsoft Office applications especially
with Microsoft Excel.
• Knowledge of hardline tools and equipment preferred.
• Strong organizational skills required.
• Ability to maintain high quality standards with limited
• Ability to keep multiple projects on schedule simultaneously.
• Strong decision-making ability.
• Ability to work accurately with numbers and details.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
with a wide variety of Company and vendor personnel.
• Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
Keywords: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?, Burnsville , Associate Drop Ship Merchant, Other , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!