Company: Reading and Math Corps
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Service Year Tutor positons are for tutors who have successfully
completed four terms of service with AmeriCorps and are no longer
eligible to serve. Applicants who have not termed out of
service will not be considered for this position.
Tutors are trained in conducting progress monitoring assessments
and research-based interventions, and will receive ongoing training
and coaching support throughout the school year.
Service Year Tutors can choose to work in a preschool setting
with 3-5 year olds,
or in a 1-1 setting with Kindergarten-3rd graders.
Minnesota Math Corps tutors will work with pairs of 4th-8th grade students.
- Provide intentional and meaningful literacy or math tutoring
during all parts of the day to improve the literacy or math skills
of children from preschool–8th grade.
- Assess, with high level of accuracy, child outcomes and
progress using tri-annual benchmark assessments and ongoing
progress monitoring assessments.
- Identify students who qualify for targeted one-on-one and/or
small group tutoring services based on assessment data with
direction from the Internal Coach and Master Coach; develop weekly
- Record student and program data completely and accurately in an
online database on a weekly basis; maintain confidentiality of all
- Participate in on-site coaching sessions (includes observation
of tutor) two times per month to review student progress, plan,
problem-solve, and set goals; act on constructive feedback from
- SYTs may be assigned to support distance learning at RMI’s
- If assigned, SYT must adhere to all Reading & Math, Inc.
policies regarding distance learning, especially those related to
privacy and security practices.
- SYTs supporting distance learning will be required to submit a
standard work log to their supervisor and HR. Once approved, update
the log daily to reflect all work conducted.
- If tutoring is not able to occur because of closed or reduced
operations at a site, the SYT will not work hours during this time
unless they are completing a required training or have been
approved for distance learning. Service Year Tutors are not
eligible for Sick and Safe Time during this time unless they meet
the other criteria for Sick and Safe Time.
- Communicate with students in an age and developmentally
- Act on constructive feedback provided by coaches and Program
- Build professional relationships and communicate regularly with
school/agency staff, Internal Coach, and the Master Coach regarding
schedules, literacy strategies, student progress, etc.
- Confirm to regular, timely attendance requirements at the
assigned site during the school hours, Monday through Friday,
typically 5-5.5 hours a day, no more than 27 hours per week.
- Tutor throughout entire school year, end date will vary by
- Attend all required MN Reading Corps and MN Math Corps
sponsored training sessions, meetings and coaching sessions; travel
- Must have served 4 or more terms of service previously with
AmeriCorps, are no longer eligible for an AmeriCorps term of
service, and have a positive reference from both Program Manager
and Master Coach.
- Must be 18 years of age or older by start date.
- Must have at least a high school diploma or GED by your start
- Must be either a citizen, national, or lawful permanent
resident alien of the United States.
- Must pass mandatory pre-employment background
- Speak, read, and write English fluently.
- Interest in education, specifically helping young children
develop early language and literacy skills.
- Dedication to community service.
- Basic computer skills, including the ability to navigate online
systems and email.
- Energetic, results oriented, student focused style.
- Strong planning and time-management skills.
- Strong capacity to be flexible and adaptable to varied
circumstances, paired with a conscientious commitment to the MN
Reading Corps or MN Math Corps model with fidelity.
- Consistent follow through.
- Ability to accept and incorporate constructive feedback from
coaches and program staff.
- Ability to work with diverse personalities.
- Ability to adapt to sometimes challenging high-pressure
- Strong personal standards of excellence, ethics and
Keywords: Reading and Math Corps, Burnsville , US-MN-Burnsville, Other , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!