Membership Sales Advisor
Company: YMCA Twin Cities
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Get rewarded for your effort!
Do you consider yourself competitive? Do you have a passion for
helping people? As a YMCA Membership Sales Advisor, you assist
people in achieving their health and wellness goals and get into
the right program fit for them.
The Membership Sales Advisor is 50% inbound sales and 50%
outbound sales. This means you will have team members referring
prospective members to you or having walk-ins and you will also
have to do some outbound calls to follow up or call on prospective
leads from the database. The YMCA has great sales tools and
resources to get you to your sales potential! At the YMCA you will
interact with a diverse community and no day is every the same. The
Membership Sales Advisor role is an integral part of a team all
working toward one common mission, so that ALL can thrive. The
Membership Sales Advisor is the first point of contact for a
prospective new member working to identify their needs and offering
solutions to those needs. To close a sale could include a tour of
the branch or follow up calls to talk through any objections.
As a Membership Sales Advisor you will:
- Earn commission on your sales
- Receive a free household YMCA membership
- Receive YMCA discounts on service such as child care
- Work in a fun, team environment
- Work with the Membership Director in meeting branch monthly and
annual membership revenue and retention goals
- Conduct tours for potential new members using a consultative
sales approach, determining needs and offering solutions
- Work with the Membership Director on prospect and lead
generation for new members, including outbound calling and
following up on referrals
- Demonstrate proficient use of sales system by accurate data
entry and lead follow-up
- Provide a high level of customer service to current and
This position reports to the Membership Director who reports to
the Branch Executive Director. The incumbent interacts regularly
with new and prospective members, Member Experience Advisors and
Directors and other branch leaders and team members.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum one year of sales or related sales experience.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work a variety of
hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport
and credibility quickly.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and to deal
with pressure in meeting sales goals
- Excellent customer service skills
- CPR/PR, First Aid, AED, and Oxygen certifications (within 30
days of hire).
- Bachelor's degree in business, sales, marketing, or
- Provide branch tours for prospective members.
- Perform all physical aspects of the position, including moving
around, standing, bending, reaching, and occasionally lifting up to
- Ability to respond to emergency situation in a calm and
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
This job description represents the major functions of the
position but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The incumbent is
also responsible for taking direction from the Branch Executive or
YMCA representatives in completing projects or performing duties
deemed necessary for the branch or Association success.
Keywords: YMCA Twin Cities, Burnsville , Membership Sales Advisor, Other , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!