Senior Pricing Analyst
Company: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?
Posted on: April 30, 2021
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To review, execute, and manage established pricing strategies in
alignment with the Company’s goals and business initiatives.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Performs pricing activities such as providing an analysis of a
variety of external pricing data, executing the price change
process, and overseeing the pricing calendar in order to ensure
strategic goals are achieved.
2. Collects and validates external pricing data from multiple
sources including the Internet, trade publications, and vendors to
ensure relevancy to defined pricing strategy.
3. Supports the development of price tests by creating various
pricing scenarios. Works with Manager to identify best
scenario(s), implement tests, and analyze results.
4. Models sales and margin impacts associated with pricing
scenarios and presents results to Manager in order to determine
feasibility of new pricing structures.
5. Creates and validates pricing recommendations for accuracy and
alignment to category strategy by analyzing data from various
6. Provides pricing recommendations to manager for final review and
approval prior to implementation.
7. Tracks and analyzes results of price adjustments and works with
manager on adjusting pricing strategies related to market dynamic
changes, pricing trends, and market opportunities.
8. Ensures pricing strategy meets the defined product categoy
strategy by reviewing sell price components of margin and
9. Reviews category pricing according to a pre-determined schedule
or according to an identified need.
10. Acts as a consultant on new item pricing by supplying
competitive data and other analytics of product category.
11. Utilizes existing analysis tools to create customized pricing
analysis and reporting as requested or based on an identified
12. Takes initiative in identifying and resolving issues around
pricing and margin through working with peers and management.
13. Keeps manager informed of important developments, potential
problems and related information necessary for effective
management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities
with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and
14. Performs related work as apparent or assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field required with a
concentration in Business, Economics, or Mathematics preferred.
• At least 5 years of related Merchandising or Analyst
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to provide follow-up
research when necessary.
• Ability to effectively gather and manage information from a
variety of internal and external sources.
• Strong math aptitude including understanding components of
financial analysis and the ability to work accurately with
• Ability to be flexible and react quickly to change.
• Excellent computer skills with the ability to effectively work
with the Microsoft Office applications including Excel.
• Experience with SQL or relational database preferred.
• Experience working with Revenue Optimization and Competitive
• Ability to travel on at least on a quarterly basis.
• Strong organizational skills in order to effectively manage a
variety of responsibilities.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
with a wide variety of company and vendor personnel.
• Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core
Keywords: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?, Burnsville , Senior Pricing Analyst, Other , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!