Senior Systems Engineer
Company: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?
Posted on: April 30, 2021
Northern – Large enough to
matter, Small enough that you can make a difference.
Are you a creative thinker?
Are you decisive when it’s needed? Do you value integrity and
demonstrate that integrity in what you do? Above all, do you
want to leave footprints?
If so, we’d like to talk with
Since founder Don Kotula opened his garage door to the world in
1980, Northern Tool + Equipment has stayed true to a vision that
has guided the company ever since – building lasting relationships
by providing the right solution for our customers. Today,
Northern Tool + Equipment has grown into a billion-dollar company
that provides over 40,000 carefully chosen tools via catalogs,
website and retail stores. We seek talented people who wish
to share their initiative, ideas and expertise; we develop and
support our teams and we put them in a position to succeed.
We know our customer, we provide value and we act with
We are True Northern.
We are currently seeking a Sr Systems
Engineer to analyze, design, develop, support and
implement our hybrid infrastructure systems to ensure the
successful integration of software and hardware
while achieving reliability, maintainability and security
requirements. In addition, you will design, deploy, and migrate
systems for IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS environments..
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Document and develop in-depth knowledge of company’s existing
IT cloud architecture/infrastructure, and technology
- Develop the architecture and design deliverables and provide
support as an Azure SME.
- Conceptualize, design and architect the Microsoft Azure
Platform as a Service (PaaS)/Infrastructure as a Service (Iaas)
- Effectively present public and hybrid cloud-based architectural
design concepts and solutions to all levels in the
- Provides expert technical support and completes project tasks
for all cloud services, server and infrastructure operating
systems, software implementations, and projects.
- Develops daily system monitoring to verify the integrity and
availability of all hardware, server resources, cloud services,
systems and key processes.
- Applies patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrades
administrative tools and utilities. Configures or adds new services
as necessary to maintain security levels.
- Assists in the development of the strategic positioning of
information systems network plans within the Company
- Performs ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and
resource optimization as required. Configures CPU, memory, and disk
partitions as required.
- Contributes to and maintains operational, configuration, or
other procedures according to Company standards.
- Works with security team to establish and maintain an
appropriate level of application and server security.
- Works with manager to develop, maintain, and update system
auditing procedures to protect data integrity, security and
- Works with manager to evaluate, identify, and recommend
improvements in new software, hardware and cloud services
technology based on industry trends.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- At least 4 years of related IT experience.
- Certifications in data center and/or cloud platforms a
- Microsoft certifications a plus.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft SQL server.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics a plus.
- Extensive knowledge with Azure AD, Intune and Azure cloud
- Working knowledge of Azure components with private
- Working knowledge of PowerShell and/or other object-oriented
- Experience with other cloud services (AWS, GCP, etc…)
- Extensive knowledge Windows server (all versions) and Active
Directory domain architecture.
- Working knowledge of Linux servers a plus.
- Working knowledge and experience working with hyper converged
technologies. Experience with Nutanix a plus.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware,
protocols, standards, and the OSI model.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and troubleshoot issues in
complex multi-platform and distributed systems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver
solutions according to project schedules.
- Demonstrated strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
with a wide variety of Company personnel and others.
- Occasional travel required for implementations, migrations or
upgrades at remote sites.
- Ability to be on call evenings, weekends and holidays (rotating
Keywords: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?, Burnsville , Senior Systems Engineer, Other , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!