Company: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?
Posted on: April 30, 2021
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To strategically design and implement information systems and
networked software architectures that support core organizational
functions and assure their high availability. To provide
technical leadership across the organization, from strategic
decision making down to the project planning level and support
project teams in the documentation of development, configuration
and integration activities into their project plans.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Designs and implements long-term strategic goals and short-term
tactical plans for managing and maintaining corporate technology
- Ensures that proposed and existing solution architectures are
aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
- Provides architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to
Business Analysts, Business System Analysts, Systems Engineers,
Architects, and software development teams.
- Leads development of formalized solution methodologies and,
where applicable, designs, develops, and oversees implementation of
end-to-end integrated solutions.
- Reviews new and existing solutions design projects and
procurement or outsourcing plans for compliance with standards and
- Interfaces and coordinates tasks with internal and external
technical resources. Collaborates with Project Managers, vendors
and IT stakeholders to provision estimates and develop overall
implementation plan for installation, customization and integration
- Builds and maintains repository for deliverables and
- Documents and maintains the organization’s existing IT
Enterprise Solution Architecture and technology portfolio; makes
recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives.
- Develops, documents, and communicates plans for investing in IT
Enterprise Solution Architecture, including analysis of cost
- Conducts research on emerging technologies in support of
systems development efforts and recommends technologies that will
increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Surveys market landscape for solution insights, direction,
vendors, and methods.
- Provides expertise to identify and translate system
requirements into software design documentation.
- Provides quality assurance for services within the solution
- Confers with end-users, clients, or senior management to define
business requirements for complex systems (including interfaces)
and infrastructure development.
- Models business and systems processes based on findings through
use case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models.
- Works with technical writers to ensure quality internal and
external client-oriented documentation.
- Provides guidance on the development and execution of best
practices for end-to-end lifecycle of core technology platforms and
overall technical performance. Reports on findings and makes
recommendations for improvement.
- Provides oversight to the systems capacity plan and
establishment of technology standards.
- Provides mentoring or guidance to junior members of the
- Establishes, manages and runs the Enterprise Architecture
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems,
computer engineering, system analysis, or a related field, or
equivalent work experience.
- 15 or more years of IT and business/industry work experience
including architecture design and deployment, systems lifecycle
management, and infrastructure planning and operations (10 years+
in solution design and 5+ years in architecture).
- Leadership experience in managing multiple, large,
cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior level
management and key stakeholders.
- Requires exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and
- Knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise
architecture, business re-engineering principles and processes, and
basic knowledge of financial models and
- TOGAF 9 certification desired
- COBIT certification desired
- ITIL Foundation desired
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
Keywords: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?, Burnsville , Enterprise Architect, Other , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!