Senior Systems Engineer
Company: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 -- --
Posted on: February 21, 2021
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES OF POSITION:To analyze, design, develop,
support and implement the company's hybrid infrastructure systems
to ensure the successful integration of software and hardware while
achieving reliability, maintainability and security requirements.
In addition will design, deploy, and migrate systems for IaaS,
PaaS, and SaaS environments.MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Document and develop in-depth knowledge of company's existing
IT cloud architecture/infrastructure, and technology
- Develop the architecture and design deliverables and provide
support as an Azure SME.
- Conceptualize, design and architect the Microsoft Azure
Platform as a Service (PaaS)/Infrastructure as a Service (Iaas)
- Effectively present public and hybrid cloud-based architectural
design concepts and solutions to all levels in the
- Provides expert technical support and completes project tasks
for all cloud services, server and infrastructure operating
systems, software implementations, and projects.
- Develops daily system monitoring to verify the integrity and
availability of all hardware, server resources, cloud services,
systems and key processes.
- Applies patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrades
administrative tools and utilities. Configures or adds new services
as necessary to maintain security levels.
- Assists in the development of the strategic positioning of
information systems network plans within the Company
- Performs ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and
resource optimization as required. Configures CPU, memory, and disk
partitions as required.
- Contributes to and maintains operational, configuration, or
other procedures according to Company standards.
- Works with security team to establish and maintain an
appropriate level of application and server security.
- Works with manager to develop, maintain, and update system
auditing procedures to protect data integrity, security and
- Works with manager to evaluate, identify, and recommend
improvements in new software, hardware and cloud services
technology based on industry trends.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential
problems, and related information necessary for effective
management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with
others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and
- Performs related work as apparent or
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- At least 4 years of related IT experience.
- Certifications in data center and/or cloud platforms a
- Microsoft certifications a plus.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft SQL server.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics a plus.
- Extensive knowledge with Azure AD, Intune and Azure cloud
- Working knowledge of Azure components with private
- Working knowledge of PowerShell and/or other object-oriented
- Experience with other cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud
- Extensive knowledge Windows server (all versions) and Active
Directory domain architecture.
- Working knowledge of Linux servers a plus.
- Working knowledge and experience working with hyper converged
technologies. Experience with Nutanix a plus.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware,
protocols, standards, and the OSI model.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and troubleshoot issues in
complex multi-platform and distributed systems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver
solutions according to project schedules.
- Demonstrated strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented,
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
with a wide variety of Company personnel and others.
- Thorough knowledge of company policies and procedures as they
relate to security and compliance (PCI/HIPAA).
- Occasional travel required for implementations, migrations or
upgrades at remote sites.
- Ability to be on call evenings, weekends and holidays. -
provided by Dice
Keywords: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 -- --, Burnsville , Senior Systems Engineer, Other , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!