Thomas Allen is Hiring a Lead Direct Support Professional!
Paid training provided!
LOCATION: Burnsville, MN
HOURS AVAILABLE: 40 hours/week.
JOB SUMMARY: As a Lead Direct Support Professional, you will
have the primary responsibility of meeting the needs of the
individuals supported in the home, including providing proactive,
empowering, and inclusive support, guidance, and supervision. In
the Designated Coordinator's absence, you will delegate work duties
and workflow for the shift.
This is an opportunity for those with experience to learn and
grow while taking on new tasks in a group home setting.
* Assist and encourage individuals to realize both long and
* Assist with personal care
* Menu planning and preparing meals, or assisting with these
* Coordinate and/or complete the preparation of new charts,
loggings, and other forms
* Log all day-to-day occurrences, and on a schedule determined
by the DC, review general and other loggings, outcome charts, and
other documentation to ensure accuracy and thorough completion
* As requested, schedule and accompany individuals served to
* Perform medication administration, monitor the need for
prescription renewal, and work with medical equipment
* Help the individuals to maintain their home by assisting with
laundry, budgeting, cleaning, and shopping
* Schedule transportation to community events
* Assist with training new staff
* Work alongside guardians, families, case managers, and other
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs
* The individuals served in the home prefer female staff
* Must have 1 year of experience in working with individuals
* Willingness to attend to personal cares and health needs,
light housekeeping, and meal preparation
* Willing to commit to and implement person-centered
* Department of Human Services background clearance
* Valid driver's license, reliable vehicle, acceptable driving
record, and proof of auto insurance required
* Must be 18 years or older
* Ability to effectively communicate in English, both written
To view other open positions, click here.
Thomas Allen, Inc. is a social services agency that provides a
variety of person-centered services to individuals with
disabilities throughout the state of Minnesota. Our team of nearly
800 employees are key players in assisting individuals served with
group home support, semi-independent and independent living, case
management, care coordination, and guardianship. As our agency
continues to grow, we are looking for team members who are
passionate about providing services that empower those we
Join our team and make a difference!