Mobile Cardiac Sonographer and Echocardiographer (Burnsville, MN)
Company: DispatchHealth Management
Posted on: September 16, 2022
How You'll Make an Impact: Provide mobile, diagnostic
echocardiographic scans for physician diagnosis utilizing portable
echocardiography equipment and appropriate technical knowledge and
skills. Echo exams may be performed in a variety of settings,
including private residences, senior care facilities, short-term
rehabilitation facilities, specialty clinics, and correctional
facilities. - Eco technologist needs to be creative to position the
patient's body to capture a clear image for the cardiologist to
assess. - Additional experience in general vascular ultrasound
procedures a plus. What You'll Do:
- Travels in a company-supplied vehicle to perform
echocardiography studies for patients in a variety of service
locations in the local community.
- Follows all company policies, procedures and protocols while
performing echo exams.
- Demonstrates competence in performance of echocardiographic
studies based on established protocols and procedures.
- Performs echocardiographic studies considering the age-specific
physiological, emotional and cognitive needs of the patient
- Demonstrates understanding of cardiac disease processes in
order to obtain complete acquisition of images for clinical
diagnosis by the interpreting cardiologist
- Demonstrates safe work practices appropriate to position; i.e.,
how to report a safety hazard, proper body mechanics, or use of
personal protective equipment.
- Collects or verifies all required order documentation and
patient information prior to procedures.
- Prepares & positions patient for diagnostic imaging exams.
- Operates portable ultrasonic equipment with cardiac
capabilities at patient's bedside or other designated exam
- Prepares images for reading by radiologist or requesting
- Processes images and reviews for proper identification &
- Transmits images and all required associated documentation to
cardiologist in a timely manner according to company
- Completes all forms and maintains records, logs, and reports of
work performed according to standard protocols.
- Uploads all required documents into company systems according
to company protocols.
- Maintains equipment including cleaning and disinfecting
according to company procedures
- Takes good care of vehicle; ensures that the vehicle is well
stocked with necessary supplies prior to each shift.
- Operates and behaves in full compliance with all applicable
local, state and federal rules and regulations.
- Orients new staff and trains students, if requested.
- Assists with order taking, validation of studies, communication
with reading cardiologists, customer call-backs and other
administrative and customer support functions as directed.
- Acts professionally, and exhibits courtesy, friendliness, and a
positive attitude when interacting with co-workers, patients,
patient's family, client staff, physicians and others.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned.
What You Need:
- Adult Cardiac Sonographer with a satisfactory completion of an
accredited non-invasive cardiovascular training program, with a
focus in adult echocardiography and/or vascular ultrasound
- ARDMS registered in adult echocardiography with RDCS (AE)
- Two (2) years' experience as a cardiac sonographer or vascular
- Additional Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) desired.
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) required.
- Must have ability to perform quality and compete echocardiogram
studies and possess excellent organizational skills to perform in a
- Must demonstrate the ability to prioritize and organize daily
assignments of the job.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must have a working knowledge of other departmental procedures
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in writing and
- Must demonstrate basic computer skills to perform date entry.
Who We Are:Professional Portable X-Ray, Inc. (PPX), a service line
of DispatchHealth, provides state-of-the-art mobile x-rays and
other diagnostic imaging services to thousands of patients in
multiple states . We take pride in providing excellent patient care
outside of the traditional hospital or clinic setting. Taking the
time to listen to the needs of our patients, we always look for
innovative ways to improve patient care, reduce costs and improve
quality. PPX is proud to partner with DispatchHealth, a Denver
based company, to expand our services across the United States and
build the world's largest in-home care system to achieve the
mission of delivering trusted and compassionate care to all.
Connect With Us: Get to know us! Watch the video above to hear from
healthcare professionals on what it's like to work with
DispatchHealth. Follow us on , and to learn more.#RAD
Keywords: DispatchHealth Management, Burnsville , Mobile Cardiac Sonographer and Echocardiographer (Burnsville, MN), IT / Software / Systems , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!