Software Quality Assurance Manager
Company: Northern Tool + Equipment
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Northern Tool + Equipment is a family-owned retailer. We are
currently seeking a talented Software QA Manager who wishes to
share their resourcefulness, ideas, and expertise to build lasting
relationships by providing the right solution to our customers. We
are a growing company with plans to expand into new markets and are
looking to build our team with great leaders who are focused on
developing and supporting their team to success. PRIMARY OBJECTIVE
OF POSITION:To build, lead and manage a high-performing Quality
Assurance (QA) team. To develop, evolve, establish, and enforce a
QA practice, capabilities, and tools/technologies that deliver
reliable and consistent project delivery, creating a positive
end-user experience for Business Technology projects. To apply
proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT
processes through careful testing to maximize the benefit of
business investments in IT initiatives. MAJOR AREAS OF
- Leads and manages quality assurance team as it relates to all
project, enhancement and support work, establish performance
measures and requirements, clarifies responsibilities of those
supervised, conducts performance appraisals, and plans for
individual employee development.
- Determines and recommends staffing needs. Hires and onboard new
- Leads the development, establishment, and enforcement of
quality assurance measures and testing standards for new
applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing
applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
- Conducts internal audits to measure and assure adherence to
established QA standards for software development, application
integration, information system performance, and corresponding
- Enhances methodologies and processes for the collection and
analysis of data for ensuring software, systems, and product
- Directs the analysis of formal test results to discover and
report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and
- Sponsors and leads the selection, implementation, and
appropriate usage of automated test tools and data collection
- Participates in the creation and management of test strategies,
plans, and schedules.
- Validates and coordinates the availability and assignment of
resources for testing efforts as well as defines testing roles and
- Works with the Business Systems Analyst team to fully
understand relationships between business requirements and test
- Advises, mentors, trains, and assists testers as needed on the
creation of test cases to ensure that quality assurance standards
and methods are being adhered to.
- Proactively identifies, communicates, and manages testing
- Validates completion and recording of results for QA and user
- Performs defect management including prioritizing and
coordinating defect resolution for projects.
- Coordinates recreating and analyzing issues found during
testing and hyper care phases of projects and performs root cause
analysis on critical defects leaked into production.
- Plans and leads cross-functional team meetings.
- Develops a strong knowledge of Northern Tool business
- Keep supervisor informed of important developments, potential
problems, and related information necessary for effective
management. Coordinate and communicate plans and activities with
others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and
- Perform related work as apparent or assigned. QUALIFICATIONS:To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Bachelor's degree or minimum of 2-year post high school degree
in business, computer science, communication, or related
- At least 7 years of related experience showing a steady
increase in responsibilities.
- At least 5 years of experience managing large QA teams is
- Retail experience is required.
- Experience in testing eCommerce, Point of Sale, ERP, Portal
and/or Software as a Service (SaaS) applications, mobile/desktop
websites, or other enterprise class applications.
- Demonstrated ability to create test plans, scripts and use case
scenarios and to execute functional, integration, end-to-end,
user-acceptance and regression testing.
- Experience with agile project methodology and manage ALM using
Azure DevOps and JIRA (or comparable) required.
- Experience in building stage gates, Quality dashboards and
defining KPIs for measuring quality
- Experience with automation software required to enable CI/CD
and Performance testing
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and processes of quality
assurance testing and the ability to apply knowledge and skills to
a range of professional assignments including the most difficult
- Experience building a Quality Assurance discipline within an
organization is required.
- Experience managing remote teams preferred.
- Dedicated to developing routine tests and able to coordinate
testing across the organization in an agile or waterfall
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
with a wide variety of Company personnel.
- Demonstrated strong business acumen.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment's 12 Core Competencies.
At Northern Tool & Equipment We Offer:--- A fast-growing nationwide
brand - over 121 locations in 22 states.--- Competitive wages plus
commission.--- Clean and organized work environment.--- Supplied
tools and uniforms.--- A defined training program to support your
success.--- Competitive benefits package: health, retirement,
employee assistance, and more!--- Generous employee discount at all
of the Kotula family of companies - Northern Tool & Equipment,
Tractorseats.com, Great Northern Equipment.Northern Tool +
Equipment is an equal opportunity employer committed to an
inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other basis
prohibited by law.
Keywords: Northern Tool + Equipment, Burnsville , Software Quality Assurance Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!