Company: The Rivers - Dining Services
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Do you love what you do, but not where you're doing it? Are you
looking for an opportunity to advance in your career with a growing
organization? Do you thrive in an environment where meaningful work
happens every day? Interested? Keep reading!The Rivers, an
Independent, Assisting Living and Memory Care community nestled
into the River Hills community in Burnsville, Minnesota, is looking
for caring, fun and energetic Sous Chef to join our team! As a
Transforming Age community, The Rivers is comprised of dedicated
and caring people who have a strong desire to enrich the lives of
older adults and our team members.Why Transforming Age?
- Work/Life Balance: We have multiple shifts and flexible
- Competitive pay
- Excellent benefits: We have the benefits you're looking for as
well as other unique perks for full-time, part-time and on-call
- A culture of FUN and commitment to the care of our residents,
our communities and each other
- Your opinion matters: We share ideas, we listen and work
together to make great things happenWhat does our Sous Chef do?
- Exemplifies, at all times, community standards of cleanliness,
sanitation and operational organization.
- Adheres to food quality, appearance and presentation standards
at all times.
- Research, plan, develop, produce and serve menu cycle
- Exhibits cooking standards of speed, accuracy, and
- Demonstrates knowledge in all areas of cooking preparation and
- Visits residents periodically to evaluate food service such as
quality, quantity, temperature, and appearance and conducts
evaluations to make revisions in operations/procedures to promote
top-notice food service.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, professional, and
upscale Culinary Services program in order to create and maintain a
positive experience for all customers.
- Represents the community in a warm, friendly and inviting
manner.What we're looking for from you:
- Education: High school diploma or the equivalent education,
training and experience. Culinary degree preferred, Minimum of five
years' experience as sous chef, chef in hotel, restaurant, club, or
other similar employment
- Experience: Menu preparation, food preparation, production and
- Knowledge: Must hold current state-required sanitation (Safe
Food Handling and/or Certified Food Manager)
- License: Current Valid Driver's License
- Excellent Attitude: An upbeat, fun, outgoing personality and
- Work Environment: Enjoy working with older adults and be
willing to work in a fast-paced environment
- Superb Communication: A strong communicator in writing,
speaking and reading in the English language
- Tech Savvy: Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Team-work: Ability and willingness to work as a cohesive team
with other community and corporate departments
- Customer Service: Be patient, pleasant and understanding in
relating to the residents and staffThe Rivers, are Transforming Age
affiliates, and proud to provide our team members with an
impressive benefits package, including comprehensive medical,
dental, vision, generous paid time off and other outstanding
programs. Transforming Age is a drug and alcohol-free employer.
Criminal background and drug test will be required upon contingent
offer of employment. The Rivers are proud to step up for safety by
requiring COVID-19 vaccination of all team members by October 15,
2021. We're prioritizing safety for our team members and
residents/clients, their families and our communities by requiring
the COVID-19 vaccination. It's about safety, care and valuing each
member of our team so we can all Work with Purpose and Impact.
Keywords: The Rivers - Dining Services, Burnsville , Sous Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!