Company: The Rivers - Dining Services
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Do you love what you do, but not where you're doing it? Are you
looking for an opportunity to advance in your career with a growing
organization? Do you thrive in an environment where meaningful work
happens every day? Interested? Keep reading!
The Rivers, an Independent, Assisting Living and Memory Care
community nestled into the River Hills community in Burnsville,
Minnesota, is looking for caring, fun and energetic -Sous Chef to
join our team! As a Transforming Age community, The Rivers is
comprised of dedicated and caring people who have a strong desire
to enrich the lives of older adults and our team members.
Why Transforming Age?
- Work/Life Balance: We have multiple shifts and flexible
- Competitive pay
- Excellent benefits: We have the benefits you're looking for as
well as other unique perks for full-time, part-time and on-call
- A culture of FUN and commitment to the care of our residents,
our communities and each other
- Your opinion matters: We share ideas, we listen and work
together to make great things happen
What does our -Sous Chef -do?
- Exemplifies, at all times, -community standards of cleanliness,
sanitation and operational organization.
- Adheres -to food quality, appearance and presentation standards
at all times.
- Research, plan, develop, produce and serve menu cycle
- Exhibits cooking standards of speed, accuracy, and
- Demonstrates knowledge in all areas of cooking preparation and
- Visits residents periodically to evaluate food service such as
quality, quantity, temperature, and appearance and conducts
evaluations to make revisions in operations/procedures to promote
top-notice food service.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, professional, and
upscale Culinary Services program in order to create and maintain a
positive experience for all customers.
- Represents the community in a warm, friendly -and inviting
What we're looking for from you:
- Education: -High school diploma or the equivalent education,
training and experience. Culinary degree preferred, Minimum of five
years' experience as sous chef, chef in hotel, restaurant, club, or
other similar employment
- Experience: Menu preparation, food preparation, production and
- Knowledge: -Must hold current state-required sanitation (Safe
Food Handling and/or Certified Food Manager)
- License: Current Valid Driver's License
- Excellent Attitude: -An upbeat, fun, outgoing personality and
- Work Environment: Enjoy working with older adults and be
willing to work in a fast-paced environment
- Superb Communication: -A strong communicator in writing,
speaking and reading in the English language
- Tech Savvy: Familiarity -with Microsoft Office Suite
- Team-work: Ability and willingness to work as a cohesive team
with other community and corporate departments
- Customer Service: -Be patient, pleasant and understanding in
relating to the residents and staff
The Rivers, are Transforming Age affiliates, and proud to provide
our team members with an impressive benefits package, including
comprehensive medical, dental, vision, generous paid time off and
other outstanding programs. Transforming Age is a drug and
alcohol-free employer. Criminal background and drug test will be
required upon contingent offer of employment.
-The Rivers are proud to step up for safety by requiring COVID-19
vaccination of all team members by October 15, 2021. We're
prioritizing safety for our team members and residents/clients,
their families and our communities by requiring the COVID-19
vaccination. It's about safety, care and valuing each member of our
team so we can all -Work with Purpose and Impact. #bettertogether
Keywords: The Rivers - Dining Services, Burnsville , Sous Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!