Company: The Rivers - Dining Services
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Do you love what you do, but not where you're doing it? Are you
looking for an opportunity to advance in your career with a growing
organization? Do you thrive in an environment where meaningful work
happens every day? Interested? Keep reading!The Rivers, an
Independent, Assisting Living and Memory Care community nestled
into the River Hills community in Burnsville, Minnesota, is looking
for caring, fun and energetic Chef to join our team! As a
Transforming Age community, The Rivers is comprised of dedicated
and caring people who have a strong desire to enrich the lives of
older adults and our team members. Why The Rivers?
- Work/Life Balance: We have multiple shifts and flexible
- Competitive pay
- Excellent benefits: We have the benefits you're looking for as
well as other unique perks for full-time, part-time and on-call
- A culture of FUN and commitment to the care of our residents,
our communities and each other
- Your opinion matters: We share ideas, we listen and work
together to make great things happen What does our Chef do?
- Exemplify, at all times, community standards of cleanliness,
sanitation and operational organization.
- Exhibits leadership and management standards with all Culinary
- Is responsible for adhering to food quality, appearance and
presentation standards at all times.
- Produces and serves menu cycle programs compliant with required
Nutritional/Dietary criteria as required by local regulations and
correctly prepares diets provided per Policy and Procedure.
- Exhibits cooking standards of speed, accuracy, and
- Demonstrates knowledge in all areas of cooking preparation and
- Visits residents periodically to evaluate food service such as
quality, quantity, temperature, and appearance and conducts
evaluations to make revisions in operations/procedures to promote
top-notice food service.
- Represents the community in a warm and inviting manner. What
we're looking for from you:
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required; A
culinary arts degree is preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of three years' experience as a
Chef/Kitchen Manager in a food service environment, preferably in a
senior living community.
- Knowledge: Successful completion of recognized food safety
course. A deep knowledge of local health and safety standards, OSHA
and other regulatory agencies
- License: Current Valid Drivers License
- Excellent Attitude: An upbeat, fun, outgoing personality and
- Work Environment: Enjoy working with older adults and be
willing to work in a fast-paced environment
- Superb Communication: A strong communicator in writing,
speaking and reading in the English language
- Tech Savvy: Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Team-work: Ability and willingness to work as a cohesive team
with other community and corporate departments
- Customer Service: Be patient, pleasant and understanding in
relating to the residents and staffAt The Rivers, we care deeply
about our mission and commitment to providing exceptional care to
our residents. That is why we are a drug and alcohol-free employer.
Criminal background and drug test will be required upon a
contingent offer of employment. We are excited to hear from you!
Come join us and help us fulfill our vision to Transform the
Perception of Age.The Rivers is proud to step up for safety by
requiring COVID-19 vaccination of all team members by October 15,
2021. We're prioritizing safety for our team members and
residents/clients, their families and our communities by requiring
the COVID-19 vaccination. It's about safety, care and valuing each
member of our team so we can all Work with Purpose and Impact.
Keywords: The Rivers - Dining Services, Burnsville , Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!