Technical / Mechanical Customer Service Specialist
Company: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ---
Posted on: May 6, 2022
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:To perform technical customer
service and related activities in a professional, courteous, and
reliable manner in order to provide every customer with an
outstanding experience by utilizing multiple communication
platforms. - MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Responds via multi-media platforms to technical and parts
related questions from customers, Company employees and other
departments with the goal of limiting returns and warranty
- - Troubleshoots and diagnoses light industrial products
including, but not limited to, generators, hot and cold pressure
washers, water pumps, log splitters and air compressors.
- - Communicates all customer and / or service center information
pertaining to new warranty claims to the Technical Service
Representative Level II group.
- - Performs the work of a Customer Service Representative as
required such as order status, package tracing, and order
- - Suggests creative solutions to improve customer satisfaction
and process efficiencies.
- - Attends all assigned product trainings, studies Company
catalogs, regularly reads Company product memos, sales marketing
notes, vendor bulletins, announcements, other appropriate material,
and attends seminars as scheduled.
- - Participates in all events deemed necessary by the company
such as sales meetings and trade shows.
- - Keeps supervisor and others informed of important
developments, potential problems and related information necessary
for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and
activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work
effort and team approach.
- - Performs related work as apparent or
assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. - The requirements listed below are representative
of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. - Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. -
- High school education or equivalent.
- At least one year of college or related technical training
- At least 1 year of customer service, sales or related
- Mechanical aptitude as related to light industrial
- Strong analytical and trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to meet established productivity, schedule adherence,
and quality standards.
- Good administrative and clerical skills, including personal
- Excellent phone and customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain composure in high pressure situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
with a wide variety of customers, Company personnel
- and others.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment's 12 Core Competencies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: -The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. -
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. -
- Frequently required to sit, use hands to handle objects and
talk or hear.
- Frequent wrist and/or hand movement is required.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision,
distant vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Keywords: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ---, Burnsville , Technical / Mechanical Customer Service Specialist, Hospitality & Tourism , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!