Drop Ship Merchandising Supervisor
Company: Northern Tool and Equipment
Posted on: April 30, 2021
Drop Ship Merchandising Supervisor
Interested in working for a business recognized as a Star Tribune
Top Workplace in Minnesota the past five years? Want the
opportunity to gain experience in corporate merchandising? If so,
this may be the job for you!
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To supervise the operations of the drop ship team by providing
leadership, influence, and direction in meeting our expectations
within the drop ship program. This includes identifying
opportunities, accepting challenges, providing solutions, and
building lasting relationships both internally and externally.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Leads, coaches, and develops Drop Ship Merchants to maximize
efficiencies and profitability of the program. Manages Drop Ship
Merchants questions by offering advice and expertise.
- Participates with the Drop Ship Manager in establishing
meaningful goals and objectives and to develop effective plans,
policies and programs needed to attain those goals and
- Utilizes available reporting or creates new reports to analyze
vendor performance and monitor key indicators. Sources utilized
include the scorecard, drop ship queue, and EDI statistics to
measure their performance in comparison to the requirements of our
drop ship program.
- Processes payroll every other week for non-exempt employees.
Monitors adherence to schedule and attendance guidelines.
- Supports the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) process by
monitoring vendor compliance and responsiveness. Utilizes reporting
functions and consults with Management on strategies to ensure
compliance to the process.
- Conducts employment interviews, makes hiring recommendations,
completes performance reviews and any necessary performance
management actions as required.
- Reviews drop ship invoices as requested and approves or denies
payment. Discusses any questions with the appropriate
- Provides training for new employees in Enterprise Resource
Planning (ERP) environment and in the processes and procedures of
the drop ship program. Also conducts training on other software
programs/platforms utilized within the Merchandising
- Works collaboratively and maintains effective relationships
with internal departments to develop and implement solutions that
meet Company strategies and improve the customer
- Functions as manager in the absence of the Drop Ship Manager.
Provides ongoing leadership and support for the drop ship team.
Informs manager of important developments, potential problems, and
related information necessary for effective management.
- Supervises and manages employees as it relates to all projects
or related work, establishes performance requirements, clarifies
responsibilities of those supervised, conducts performance
appraisals and plans for individual employee development.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential
problems, and related information necessary for effective
management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with
others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a merchandising-related
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience.
- At least 4 years of related experience in merchandising or
customer service-related field.
- Ability to effectively supervise and coordinate assigned tasks
in a manner that results in profitable sales growth for the
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize work and establish
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in using the Microsoft Office applications
especially with Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of hardline tools and equipment preferred.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Ability to maintain high quality standards with limited
- Ability to keep multiple projects on schedule
- Strong decision-making ability.
- Ability to provide guidance to others.
- Ability to work accurately with numbers and details.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
with a wide variety of Company and vendor personnel.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment's 12 Core
Apply Online Below
Keywords: Northern Tool and Equipment, Burnsville , Drop Ship Merchandising Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!