RN Emergency Department (up to $13,500 sign on bonus)
Company: Fairview Health Services
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Overview:Fairview Health Services is looking for a RN in our
Emergency Department at Fairview Ridges Hospital located in
Burnsville, just 20 minutes south of Minneapolis, MN near the 35E
and 35 W conjunctions. The hospital has been providing state-of-the
art care and community services to the residents of the scenic
Minnesota Valley since 1984.
This position is 72 hours per pay period, nights, 12 hour shifts
(7pm to 7am) with every third weekend. Benefit
- The department is a Level 3 Trauma Center. We have 45 beds and
a yearly census of approximately 66,000 and growing! Team members
include Board Certified Emergency Physicians, Advanced Practice
Providers, Registered Nurses, ER Techs, Health Unit Coordinators,
transport, and Case Managers.
- Emergency Department Registered Nurses provide emergency
nursing care for a diversified population of all age distributions
(infant to geriatrics) and all problem types in a very busy
- The Fairview Ridges (located in Burnsville, MN) ER processes
66,000 cases per year, with an average of 181 patients seen daily.
The position duties include assessment, care planning,
interventions, and teaching. New positions added due to
- The patient population served by the Emergency Department
consists of newborn, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric
patients requiring or seeking medical care. Twenty percent of our
ED volume is pediatric.
- The Registered Nurse is responsible for the assessment,
planning, delivery, and evaluation of nursing care for all assigned
patient population(s). The RN is responsible for performing these
responsibilities in accordance with all policy, procedures,
professional practice guidelines and the MN Nurse Practice Act. The
RN coordinates care with members of the health care team and
delegates responsibilities to others as
- Current MN RN license
- 1 year of RN Emergency Department, pediatric/adult critical
care, or telemetry nursing
- BLS for Health Care Providers
- ACLS certification within 30 days of hire
- ENPC (Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course) and TNCC (Trauma
Nurse Core Course) will be required of all staff within the first
year of employment. CEN and CPEN strongly encouraged
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with a diverse
- Ability to work in a team environment.Preferred Qualifications
- Emergency Department RN experience strongly preferred.
- Certification by the board of Certification for Emergency
Nursing as a CEN, or CPEN (and/or course in advanced trauma nursing
(ATCN).) Strike thisOther Required Skills
- Good customer service
- Adapt to an every changing environment.
- Must practice on-stage and off-stage behaviors consistently and
- Demonstrate the ability to work under stress in a variety of
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
Keywords: Fairview Health Services, Burnsville , RN Emergency Department (up to $13,500 sign on bonus), Healthcare , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!