Company: Eriksmoen Cottages LTD
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Do you enjoy working hands on with individuals? Do you enjoy
making a difference in someone's life? How about working in a
rewarding field with many opportunities for growth and job
advancement? If you answered yes to any of those questions, The
Cottages Group is the perfect fit for you! Please apply using the
link provided below to start a rewarding and person-centered career
with The Cottages Group.
Purpose of your job position
Your job responsibity in this position is to oversee and manage
direct care staff who provide direct care and assistance with the
day-to-day activities of each individual supported. Such duties
must be performed in accordance with current federal, state, and
local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our
program. Staff must also follow all company policies and procedures
that apply to their job performance.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of
this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these
are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission
of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the
position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential
function of the position.
Duties and Responsibilities of A Designated Manager:
- Manage and coordinate direct care staffs work schedule. Must
determine programs staffing requirements, and make recommendations
to the Director concerning employee performance, dismissals,
transfers, new hires, etc.
- Manage that all staff assigned to you comply with the written
policies and procedures of the Company.
- Manage that all employees assigned to your program are fully
trained; Manage that all training documentation is completed and
submitted to the office prior to the staff working unsupervised in
- Attend all in-service classes and meetings and ensure
attendance by all staff.
- Participate in all employee performance evaluations and submit
a report to the administrator as requested.
- Manage that the individuals supported in the program have all
necessary medications and are ordered/re-ordered in a timely
manner; this includes new admissions.
- Manage that all individual files are up to date and in program
books as required.
- Ensure that the residents are seeing all appropriate medical
- Manage that all medical paperwork and information is directed
towards proper personnel.
- Coordinate team meetings as required.
- Manage that there is an available staff for assisting
individuals when they wish to attend community activities.
- Manage that all shifts are covered.
- Responsible for submitting corrected payroll information to
- Manage that grocery orders are completed and turned in on time
and that the groceries are delivered. From time to time Designated
Manager may have to go to grocery store to purchase certain
- Manage that all incident report forms are correctly completed,
and forwarded to the Director and IDT as required.
- Address all issues and concerns from
staff/residents/guardians/case mangers etc., notify Director as
- Attend trainings; help the Director prepare the training
- Attend and participate in continuing education programs as
required by Director.
- May be required to work after hours during emergency conditions
(e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
- Communicate effectively with the managerial positions, part and
full time staff, and other supervisors.
- Manage all housekeeping duties; Designated Manager will also
ensure that the program is maintained in a clean and safe manner at
all times with the assistance of the Direct Support staff.
- Typical work schedule will be 7am-3pm Mon-Fri; this schedule by
no means outlines the only hours a Designated Manager will be
expected to work. The needs of the individuals supported and the
program will supersede any/all typical work schedules and it will
be expected that the Designated Manager is flexible in their work
schedule to accommodate the changing needs of the program and
- Designated Manager will be expected to be available after hours
during the week for emergencies and to rotate being On-Call for the
weekend with other Designated Managers. When doing an On-Call
weekend you will be responsible for a designated group of sites for
Works in the residential program and is required to move frequently
throughout the building and grounds. May have a specified work desk
Will be required to assist individuals as needed in each of these
May need to transport individuals supported in staff vehicle.
May be subject to hostile and emotionally upset individuals, family
members, personnel and visitors as situations arise.
May be subject to slippery conditions on the grounds due to
May be exposed to reactions from dust, disinfectants, tobacco
smoke, and other air contaminants.
May be exposed to bloodborne pathogens, including TB and Hepatitis
May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous
chemicals.Must meet Designated Manager qualifications in accordance
with the 245D requirements by one of the following:
- 4-year degree in a human service field and a minimum of 1 year
direct care experience
- 2-year degree in a human service field and a minimum of 2 years
direct care experience
- Diploma/certificate from Post-Secondary School in a human
service field and a minimum of 3 years direct care
- Minimum of 4 years direct care experience under the supervision
of a Designated Manager
- Minimum of 3-years of progressively responsible supervisory and
personnel management experience in Human Services.
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate client
- Ability to problem solve and conduct scheduling assessments for
- Knowledge of states and federal requirements as they pertain to
the 245D regulations
- Strong written and oral skills
- Experience with budgeting/financial management
- Must possess a current, unencumbered driver's license in this
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel,
and the general public.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the
willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement,
and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and
procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and
enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult
residents or situations.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be
willing to incorporate them into existing practices.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident's
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other
individuals in the workplace.
Physical and Sensory Requirements
(With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices)
- Must be able to move frequently throughout the
- Must be able to speak and write the English language in an
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will
enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the
requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must function independently and have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents,
personnel, and support agencies.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the
policies of this program, which include a medical and physical
- Must be able to relate to and work with the disabled,
emotionally upset, and, at times, hostile individuals in the
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry a minimum of
eighty (80) pounds a minimum distance of ten (10) feet.
Keywords: Eriksmoen Cottages LTD, Burnsville , Designated Manager, Executive , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...