IT Project Portfolio Director (Hybrid)
Company: Northern Tool + Equipment
Posted on: May 11, 2022
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:To oversee the consolidated
project portfolio, establish and maintain project execution best
practices, provide organizational visibility to project health and
ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget and
deliver expected business value.MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Develops, maintains, and advances the Information Technology
(IT) business systems delivery roadmap of technical projects across
the enterprise by collaborating with our business partners and the
- Recommends strategies and methods to improve organizational
project selection and execution effectiveness.
- Collaborates with Enterprise PMO to equips business leaders and
stakeholders in arriving at data-driven decisions regarding the
prioritization of proposed projects.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive risk identification and
risk mitigation plan for ongoing projects.
- Presents a weekly status report to senior leadership focusing
on impacts to scope, budget, risk, quality, or resources on the
portfolio or roadmap of projects.
- Leads the IT project intake and governance process of receiving
and managing new projects requests from business leaders.
- Assists in portfolio roadmap execution by collaborating with IT
delivery leads and project managers on project initiation
activities such as project definition, dependencies, scope,
resourcing and budgets.
- Maintains oversight of all IT programs and ensures that
commitments are properly planned, staffed, and monitored by working
with the owners of individual project timelines.
- Leads large, complex, cross functional and visible projects to
completion by establishing and overseeing enterprise-level program
management best-practices and methods.
- Supervises and manages employees by communicating job
expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results;
coaching and developing employees; and enforcing policies,
procedures, and productivity standards.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential
problems, and related information necessary for effective
management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with
others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. - The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Project Management, Business
Administration, Finance or related discipline.
- At least 7 years of managing IT projects in project management,
information systems, system implementation or business process
- At least 2 years leading a project portfolio or Project
Management Organization (PMO).
- Demonstrates expertise in common project and portfolio
management tools such as Microsoft Project, Azure DevOps, JIRA,
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience balancing and leading the prioritization of new
- Excellent program and project planning, budgeting, scheduling
and resource management skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret critical path, draw
conclusions and prepare clear and concise reports and
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with demonstrated
experience using data-driven decision making and performing
financial and operational analysis.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including a
thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs
and translate them into practical applications and operational
- Superior presentation skills and ability to intuitively present
ideas and concepts to staff and management at all levels.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
with a wide variety of customers, employees and others.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment's 12 Core
Keywords: Northern Tool + Equipment, Burnsville , IT Project Portfolio Director (Hybrid), Executive , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!