Cybersecurity Tools Engineer
Company: Securian Financial Group
Posted on: November 12, 2019
When you're a Securian Financial employee, you're part of a
hard-working, high-performing, bright-thinking, make-things-happen
family. One that sees your potential on day one, challenging you to
grow your unique strengths as you create a career filled with
opportunity, collaboration and meaning. One where you get the
support and flexibility to become the person you want to be, at
work and outside of it. For our newest team members and our most
tenured, we're committed to being an employer of choice.
Location: St. Paul, MN
Department: Enterprise Technology Infrastructure & Architecture
Overview: Enterprise Cybersecurity Solutions (ECS) is a group
focused on the implementation and integration of security
technology, processes and controls to protect our business
applications, infrastructure and information. With a rapidly
changing threat environment, Securian Financial is expanding its
cybersecurity capabilities to ensure the security of its customers,
employees and business partners. As a result, there are tremendous
opportunities to make a real impact and experience professional
growth. We are looking for an experienced engineer to join our new
Enterprise Cybersecurity Solutions team to build out and support a
variety of cybersecurity technologies and processes. The ideal
candidate is passionate about security, has experience working with
large scale enterprise software, and has direct experience with
cybersecurity disciplines, including endpoint protection, perimeter
security, PKI, DLP, DevSecOps, and/or cloud security. The
Cybersecurity Technologies Engineer is a critical member of
Securian Financial's ECS team, and is responsible for, engineering
and operations of solutions to protect Securian Financial's
applications, computer networks and systems. The Cybersecurity
Technologies Engineer will resolve customer issues within SLAs,
improve platform resiliency, prevent and recover from outages,
manage technical specifications and dependencies with
cross-platform integrations, troubleshoot and resolve issues, and
engage other teams as a Cybersecurity engineering SME.
What you would do in this job:
- As part of a larger team, provide technical backing,
furtherance, and support for a suite of commonly deployed
enterprise Cybersecurity solutions.
- Work with vendor support to continuously improve the products'
implementation, integration and utilization.
- Partner with other enterprise teams to integrate Cybersecurity
solutions with other tooling ecosystems (e.g., DevOps
- Lead performance tuning, disaster recovery, and integration of
applications with other enterprise tools such as ServiceNow.
- Partner with compliance, governance and risk, as needed, to
meet corporate policies and regulatory mandates.
- Conduct technical analysis and provide recommendations to
- Develop test cases and test plans for various Cybersecurity
- Collaborate with all Cybersecurity teams to ensure a high
quality of automation, integration and security capabilities.
What we'd expect from you:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience working in an
engineering level Cybersecurity technology role.
- 3 years of development/engineering experience in one or more of
the following Cybersecurity disciplines: endpoint protection,
perimeter security, PKI, DLP, DevSecOps, or cloud security.
Preferred skills for this job:
- 2 years of experience in platform architecture, performing
tuning, and troubleshooting.
Perl, or Python.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Strong technical writing/documentation experience.
- Ability to work in a team setting and multi-task
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours to support on-call
What you could expect from us: Securian Financial is based in
downtown St. Paul for nearly 140 years. We're committed to giving
back to our community, donating 15,000+ employee volunteer hours
this past year. We also provide extensive resources to our
employees for professional development and growth and a number of
diverse professional and social opportunities throughout the
company. There's a reason our employees have voted us as a best
place to work year after year! In addition:
- Generous paid time off. We want you to take time off for
whatever matters most to you!
- Tuition reimbursement program. We value continuous learning at
- Company-funded pension plan as well as 401K retirement plan -
great resources to secure your financial future.
- Continuous opportunities for new challenges.
- Variety of health plan options as well as dental and vision
- Discounted Metro Transit costs. All buses and the light rail
stop within 3 blocks of our buildings.
- Paid maternity/paternity leaves.
- Ergonomic sit/stand desks.
---Physical job requirements:
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
- Ability to utilize keyboard, mouse and computer for up to 3-6
hours per day
- Ability to utilize phone for approximately 1-4 hours per
- Ability to perform single grasping including handwriting, paper
manipulation, sorting, folding, etc. periodically throughout entire
The physical job requirements described above are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Equal employment opportunity:
Securian Financial Group, Inc. does not discriminate based on race,
color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, age, marital or familial status, pregnancy,
disability, genetic information, political affiliation, veteran
status, status in regard to public assistance, status in a local
human rights commission, or any other status or condition protected
by local, state or federal law. If you are a job seeker with a
disability and require an accommodation to apply for one of our
jobs, please contact us by telephone (voice), 711
(telecommunications relay), or by email at
For all inquiries about this position, please apply directly on our
website or contact us at for any further questions.
Keywords: Securian Financial Group, Burnsville , Cybersecurity Tools Engineer, Engineering , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!