Company: Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community Gaming Enterp
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job Summary: Responsible for the strategic development and
execution of marketing promotions and events to drive profitable
business growth for Club M members and entice new club membership.
Oversees the implementation of events and promotions to retain
existing guests and acquire new ones. Responsible for accurate
budgeting and proforma memo for Board of Directors and Gaming
Commission approval. In consultation with the Director of
Marketing, Director of Database Marketing, and Business
Intelligence, provide performance analysis against proforma
forecast. Recommends new promotion concepts and ideas based on
proforma results. Budget/Asset Responsibilities: Assists in the
development of the annual budget for Marketing Department and
special promotions and events. Monitors expenditures to ensure
adherence to the budget including accruals, variances, and
re-forecasting. Primary Duties:
- Works with Director of Marketing to understand and meet all
Gaming Enterprise strategic initiatives and financial goals.
- Plans, manages, and oversees the implementation of marketing
programs, special promotions, and events, including planning the
prize structure and defining the promotion.
- Communicates with other departments regarding events and
promotions and coordinates efforts to ensure smooth
- Coordinates with Internal Audit and Gaming Commission to ensure
all promotions and events are fully compliant with SMSC GE
regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Works with Business Intelligence team to analyze data and make
necessary recommendations to improve future promotions and guest
- Plans and requests all promotional communications (printed
collateral, IPTV, etc.).
- Develops off-the-shelf promotions that can be implemented
quickly based on various triggers. Communicates and works with
other departments to determine criteria/standard procedures for
- Works with the Database team to develop segmentation for emails
and mail pieces to help drive promotion participation. Leads the
creation of pro formas and provides necessary data to Business
Intelligence for fully promotional post analysis.
- Receives and responds to all Guest Experience surveys regarding
Promotions. Identifies opportunities and executes plans for
improved guest experience.
- Conducts competitor research and analysis to ensure proper
positioning in the market
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the casino marketing
industry. Keeps informed of new technologies and promotional offers
and integrates new ideas as needed.
- Works with the Database team to develop gaming offers that
utilize our Elite Bonusing Suite software, driving incremental
gaming revenue. Evaluates modules and makes recommendations on
addition or deletion of modules from library.
- Creates weekly schedules and assigns/manages tasks to
accommodate workflow. Maintains an ongoing schedule of
- Provides information and support to Director of Marketing with
promotions. May also work with requesting departments on specific
- Interviews, selects, hires and promotes team members. This
includes team member training and developing, completing
performance appraisals, disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Provides information necessary to generate reports on events
and promotion results.Requirements Leadership Competencies:
- A proven people leader with success building and leading high
performing teams. Act as a leader of change and innovation across
- Skilled in proactively assessing organizational performance and
aligning solutions with strategic and cultural initiatives.
- Demonstrated success of strong relationship management and team
building skills, with ability to influence leaders and team members
at all levels within the greater organization. Experience with
change management and rolling out small and large scale
- Outstanding written, verbal, interpersonal, coaching, and
presentation skills with the ability to tailor messaging to the
- Strong collaborator who influences effectively with a variety
of internal and external stakeholders at all levels.Job
Requirements: Reflects MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATION
and EXPERIENCE required in order to meet the expectations of this
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Any combination of a post-high school education in Business,
Marketing, or related field and experience in
event-planning/promotions to equal seven years. Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of three years of supervisory experience, preferably in
a Hospitality or Casino setting.
- Experience developing, organizing, and evaluating promotions as
well as developing and documenting execution plans.
- Ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams.
- Experience in casino marketing systems preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheets,
database, presentation, and electronic mail.
Keywords: Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community Gaming Enterp, Burnsville , Marketing Manager, Advertising , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!